Tax reference book

Hi do i need a reference book for ipcc taxation subject can anyone suggest any reference?

 

Replies (11)

If you are doing Self Study - Refer VKS (for Income Tax) and Ajay Jain (for ST and VAT)


If you are taking Classes - Refer your Institute Material and Practice Module by ICAI or any Scanner.


By Rohit --> Indian CA Helpers (A blog specially for CA IPC students)

T N Manoharan ... Use with practice manual.

For Tax theory you may go for TN Manoharan or Girish Ahuja

 

For Tax practical preparation you may go for V. K. Singhania.

I am confused between manoharan and singhania so please tell which one is better?

Both are equally good. Manoharan is more exam oriented whereas Singhania is very detailed and requires time and patience. So depending on how much time you have, you can make your choice. But yes, in terms of absolute concept clarity, I would rate Singhania slightly higher than Manoharan. As I said, its the time and patience factors that should guide your decision.

If you are doing self study, then in my opinion, there is no better option than VK Singhania. Its the "Bible of Taxation"

 

And its a general feeling that its quite tough, but once you get your eye into it, you will only find it easy and good going.

V.K SINGHANAIA BEST FOR SELF STUDY

T N MANOHARAN IS BEST BOOK FOR IPCC..

 

VK SINGHANIA IS NOTHING LIKE SOME RECKONER...AND NOT POSSIBLE TO REVISE QUICKLY..

TN MANOHARAN IS BEST BOOK,EASY LANGUAGE..AND MANY OTHER FEATURES..

 

AMMENDMENTS FOR NOV2013 CA-IPCC/FINAL EXAMS

/forum/ca-final-ca-ipcc-ammendments-nov2013-252201.asp

I think you should refer TN Manoharan for exams as you also need time to focus on other big subjects, specially CAFM. TN Manoharan is completely exam oriented and can be completed easily. But VKS is very huge and you need lots of guts to do this book at least once. But personally speaking I refered VKS and in exam I saw none of IT que. which was not covered in the book.
Originally posted by : Rohit
I think you should refer TN Manoharan for exams as you also need time to focus on other big subjects, specially CAFM.
TN Manoharan is completely exam oriented and can be completed easily.
But VKS is very huge and you need lots of guts to do this book at least once.
But personally speaking I refered VKS and in exam I saw none of IT que. which was not covered in the book.

T N Manoharan suffices your requirement.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details