tax rebate on professional fees paid to CA

Dear All,

I just want know if I can claim IT rebate for the professional fees paid to my Chartered Accountant. If yes, under which section I can claim it & how can I get the details of the section.

Thanking you all. Best regards, RAKESH

Replies (6)

deductible from business income under legal expenses, 

Thanks for your reply. My source of income is only Interest earned on FDs & dividends earned on shares. Can I still file my IT return to claim rebate on professional fees paid to CA?

not adjustable in case there is no business income. its capital expenditure now. 

Thanks.

such expenses are only deductible in case you have a business income and you need to deduct TDS too on such payment if it exceeds the limits of 194J...

Originally posted by : RAKESH JAIN

Thanks for your reply. My source of income is only Interest earned on FDs & dividends earned on shares. Can I still file my IT return to claim rebate on professional fees paid to CA?

As clarified by all, it can be claimed ONLY if you have a business income, under the head " Profits and Gains from Business or Profession "

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details