What is the exact taxing process for interest earned on savings and Fixed deposits?
I have 3 savings bank accounts and none have deducted TDS.
One bank interest income is around 26K, other around 7K and other 600 making it a total interest income of Rs. 33,600.
None of the banks have deducted TDS.
I am in highest 30% tax bracket with salary income more than 10Lakhs and form 16 received from employer.
Is it correct that there is an exemption for first 10,000 so tax should be paid for remaining 23,600? At what rate is tax to be paid for such interest income?
Will really appreciate if some can help on calculation mechanism for how much extra tax should I pay due to this interest income of 33,600 Rs.
there is no application of TDS provision for interest received on SB account unlike FD. Hence the total interest earned during the F.Y. would get added to your total taxable income & tax would be levied acordingly. Yes you can get exemption upto Rs. 10k only on this interst.
as per the amendmen tin the finanance act, 2012, there will not be any deduction on account of tds in case the assessee is having income from interest of rs. 10000 or less. therefore, no deduction.
However, I am getting confused by all these responses.
My simple question is - being in 30% tax bracket and having income more than 10 Lakhs, what is the additional tax I should pay on this interest income of 33,600 Rs. ??
What is the correct way to calculate the exact amount of tax.
Will appreciate if you can respond with the answer.
Thanks a lot.
Leave a Reply
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies