Tax on profit of property sale

Prashant (abc)     04 March 2015

 61 points

| My Other Post


I have a property on my & my mother's name. I am fully contributing the EMI & my mother's name is only for namesake. Property cost is 60 lacs. My loan balance is 30 lacs. Now I want to sell the property. What would be the profit proportion shared between us? Can I ask the buyer to give two cheques; 30 lacs each. I will close the loan & other cheque will be on my mother's name. How will be the tax calculated, if any?




MAHESH (Tax Consultant)     09 March 2015

Tax Consultant 
 4 likes  114 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear prasanth, By relationship even u r paying emi, other exp etc., whatever. Legally both of you are indipendent persons. So request the buyer to issue seperate chqs. Tax has to be paid u and u r mother indipendently on sale minus cost of land along with indexation if any..,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »