Tax on mutual fund

I have an active SIP for a tax friendly mutual fund (2k per month). I started this more than 3yrs ago. Can I start withdrawing 2k per month from now on (without tax implications) while still continuing to invest 2k per month in the same fund. That way I can cycle the money while still getting tax benefit for the 2k investment that I will continue to make every month. Is there any rule - either from banks or IT department - that restricts me from doing this?

Replies (1)

Hi Sri

Every instalment SIP which has completed 3 years f holding eriod can be redeemed without any tax implications. And you can keep on investing through SIP in the same fund. Needless to say that the fund should be tax saving ELSS fund

Trust this may have helped

Uteesh Dhar

uteesh @ yahoo.com

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details