Easy Office
LCI Learning

Tax Deduction on PF Withdrawal

Page no : 2

Nitin (Sr. BA) (22 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

My Query:

I worked with company 'A' from Dec, 2005 till Jan, 2008. Then, I worked with company 'B' from Feb, 2008 till Feb, 2011. This makes it more than 5 years of continuous employment. My PF balance from 'A' was transferred to 'B' in the meantime. 

I am now self employed.

Now, if I withdraw my entire PF balance, will there be any tax deducted? If YES, then in what scenario can I avoid tax on my withdrawal?

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

Originally posted by : Nitin

My Query:

I worked with company 'A' from Dec, 2005 till Jan, 2008. Then, I worked with company 'B' from Feb, 2008 till Feb, 2011. This makes it more than 5 years of continuous employment. My PF balance from 'A' was transferred to 'B' in the meantime. 

I am now self employed.

Now, if I withdraw my entire PF balance, will there be any tax deducted? If YES, then in what scenario can I avoid tax on my withdrawal?

if your PF account code is same of previous and present employer ( check at your PF office), then no TDS can be made on yourself.

1 Like

chandrika (CA Final student) (107 Points)
Replied 16 December 2011

no tds can be made becoz , there is a 5 yrs continious maintanence of account.

if there is any change in a/c , tds may attract

Manisha (Engineer) (21 Points)
Replied 10 April 2012

Hi,

Its really an useful link. Thanks to all for sharing the information.

I want some more info reg the following scenario, which I am facing.

1. I joined a company A in Gurgaon in 2007, April and PF (PF1) started accumulating in Delhi Regional office.

2. In 2011, May I joined company B in Bangalore where PF sarted accumulating in Company's trust (PF2). I filled the PF tranfser form 13 and current employer sent the same to the previous employer in 2011, June and then to EPFO. But till now, the transfer did not happen. When I called delhi EPFO, they are saying there is some fault in form 13 but not telling what the fault is.

Now I am deciding to withdraw the 1st PF i.e. PF1 amount by submitting form 19 and 10(c). Since this is April, 2012, its been 5 years since I started the PF1 account. However, there was no contribution to this PF account since April, 2011.

So, if I withdraw the money Now, will there be any TDS cut?

Manisha.

choksi (consultant) (26 Points)
Replied 20 April 2012

Hi Manisha,

I understand that your first employment was 4 years.. since this amount is not transferred it would be considered that you have not completed 5 years and you are withdrawing your PF from first employer.. hence, tax would be deducted...

Transfers of PF from one state to another state is an issue which is difficult to get resolved..

regards,

Nitin (Sr. BA) (22 Points)
Replied 20 April 2012

Originally posted by : U S Sharma

Originally posted by : Nitin

My Query:

I am now self employed.

if your PF account code is same of previous and present employer ( check at your PF office), then no TDS can be made on yourself.

Company 'A' PF account was with its PF trust ie ICICI Bank PF Trust.

Company 'B' PF account was with PF Office, Chennai, TN. So, the account number was different.

PF was transferred from 'A' to 'B'. No withdrawals were done in between.

So, will the full withdrawal be taxable in my case? Please advice.

vipin (accountant) (33 Points)
Replied 27 September 2012

IS TDS ON PF REFUNDABLE OR NOT?

Pradeep Kumar Das (M.Com(Fin)and IPCC continue )   (37 Points)
Replied 04 December 2012

Hi, Sir,

My question is that ,if  TDS deduct  from my salary at the same case employee PF contribution is may  compulsory  or not . plz. guide me  ........

Davinder Singh (SR MANAGER) (23 Points)
Replied 14 July 2018

In My Case I worked for a Company having PF Trust

I worked with them for the Period of 4 Year 6 Month and after that I joined Organisation and Transfer the entire Amount in PPF Account .In this New Organisation I worked for 1 Year 6 Month.

I again Rejoined the Company Having PF Trust and Informed my UN Number also.Till date the Amount deducted in my PPF Account with UN Number

After working for 1Year 6 Month I left the Organisation and Withdraw the Money from Trust 

The Total Continuation of Service is more than 6 Years but Inspite of that they have Deducted 10% TDS

Please let me know how can I show this In MY INCOME TAX RETURN AND CLAIM REFUND 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: