ICICI

Tax applicability

Urshita Dharod   14 June 2016

Urshita Dharod

6 points

| My Other Post

KKC is applicable from June 1, 2016. But as per the clarifications given in ET by the government, the cases where payments that are made after 31.05.16, KKC will be applicable. So should we change the invoice or raise a debit note for this amount ?

avater

CA Saurabh Singh (Practising Chartered )     14 June 2016

CA Saurabh Singh
Practising Chartered  
 75 likes  974 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hi Ursh*ta,

Rightly mentioned by you about the applicability of KKC, you can raise further debit note for the chargeability of the same.

avater

CA Harshal Totla (Chartered Accountant)     14 June 2016

CA Harshal Totla
Chartered Accountant 
 252 likes  2224 points

As per rule 4 of point of taxation rules,2011;
in case a taxable service has been provided before the change in effective rate of tax but the invoice has been raised and payment received after change in effective rate of tax, point of taxation shall be date of payment or date of invoice whichever is earliest. But if invoice also been issued prior to change in effective rate of tax and only payment is received after such change then point of taxation shall be date of invoice.
so if your case falls in category 1,yes you need to change the invoice or raise a debit note, if case falls in category 2, then there is no need of doing so.

avater

karan jit singh (Consultant)     15 June 2016

karan jit singh
Consultant 
 69 likes  1198 points

Originally posted by : Ursh*ta Dharod
KKC is applicable from June 1, 2016. But as per the clarifications given in ET by the government, the cases where payments that are made after 31.05.16, KKC will be applicable. So should we change the invoice or raise a debit note for this amount ?

You should make a supplementary invoice to append the invoice amount.

Secondly please specify the date and page of ET its mentioned.

Regards

Karanjit Singh | +91-7503588224 

avater

Urshita Dharod   16 June 2016

Urshita Dharod

6 points

Dear Karan, 

This is the link to the ET notification about KKC

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/retrospective-tax-impact-of-krishi-kalyan-cess-worries-india-inc/articleshow/52414199.cms

avater

Urshita Dharod   16 June 2016

Urshita Dharod

6 points

So we conclude as below 

But my question is that can we add KKC in an invoice issued before 01.06.16 ??

avater

CA Saurabh Singh (Practising Chartered )     16 June 2016

CA Saurabh Singh
Practising Chartered  
 75 likes  974 points

Hi Ursh*ta,

Yes, even if service is provided befor 1st of June, but the payment is receive after 1st of June then either you have to raise a supplementary invoice or debit note for charging the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »