TAN NO APPLY OR NOT

I have a small business where turn over 50 lakh but I am in loss so I go for tax weather I have to APPLY FOR TAN NO

Please confirm
Replies (11)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether a small business with a turnover of ₹50 lakh, currently experiencing losses, needs to apply for a TAN (Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number). It's explained that a TAN is generally not required until turnover exceeds ₹1 crore. However, if the business undergoes a tax audit under Section 44AB, even with losses, a TAN might become necessary if TDS is to be deducted on payments. It's advised to consult a tax professional for specific guidance.

No, TAN no. not required till your turnover crosses 1 Cr. in any FY.

If your business entity coming under tax audit & if you filled your return under tax audit then you can apply for tan till not cumpolsary.

  

I go for tax audit In f.y. 2023-24 then not required TAN IN F.Y.2024-25

Your turnover doesn't cross the threshold limit for tax audit but if you still want to do you can.

What was your turnover in FY 2023-24?

50 lakh then wether I have to APPLY FOR TAN IN THIS YEAR

No. But why the accounts were audited?

Under which section?

Due to loss in business and I am not going to presumptive taxation

It means your books of accounts were audited u/s. 44AB(e) IT act.

Even if your business is in a loss, you need a TAN if you are required to deduct TDS on payments like salaries or contractor fees. It’s not about your profit or loss but about compliance with tax regulations. Consider consulting a tax advisor for specifics.

Yes account will audit in 44ab

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details