Tally entry

School bus fee balance pendind or receivable ₹2000 later this amount allowed as discount. How to enter in Tally.

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
This discussion focuses on how to correctly record a discount on school bus fees within Tally software. The user, a new Tally user with a background in school accounts, is unsure about the proper journal entry when a ₹2000 balance is allowed as a discount. They propose two potential entries and seek clarification on the correct method for booking the discount and its subsequent transfer to the Income & Expenditure account.

@ Appanna

School  bus fees  receivable  by whom ?. school ?  please clarify. 

I started to do school Accounts general data entry as part time. I lost my supervisor job due to corona. Someone told to take tally training for better future.  I am B.A. student gt tally coaching of 1 month. I think they not trained me properly. I am having confusion while making entries. School at Ramnagara village.

1) By Discount paid on school bus fee A/c Dr.        To School bus fee receivable A/c Cr.                                                 OR.                                              2) By Discount paid on school bus fee A/c Dr        To School bus fee received A/c Cr              which one is correct ?  I am going to make entry in tally in journal voucher f7. Is this correct ? Plse guide me sir.

Discount on Bus fees A/c Dr
To Bus fees receivable A/c Cr
( Bus fees receivable discount allowed )

Then Discount on bus fees will be transferred to Income & Expenditure A/c ,entry will be

Income & Expenditure A/c Dr
To Discount. on Bus fees A/c Cr
( Discount allowed on bus fees transfer to I&E A/c)

Than you very much for your kind advice/guidance sir.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details