GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support,whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAKESH R (Student)     23 September 2021

Suspense Accounts

How do treat the following while preparing Balance  sheet 

Adjustment

1.Suspense A/c includes money advance to sales manager , who was sent to a business trip, he spent Rs.9000/- for miscellaneous expenses and balance is yet to be refund by  him. (Suspense A/c debit  Balance Rs.35,000/-)

3 Replies

prasad Nilugal

prasad Nilugal   23 September 2021

You have to clear all suspense account before preparing Balance sheet . you can not finalized the accounts unless you clear suspense account .
1) Ask manager for Bills, cash memo, Invoices and any other documentary evidence to clear Rs 9000/.
Similarly you have to clear balance 26000/- lying in suspense account . After you getting all documentary evidence ( expense) for 35000/- . you pass following entry .

Expense A/c Dr 35000/-
To Suspense A/c Cr 35000/-
( clearance of suspense account )

you can clear suspense account in above manner , however you need documentary evidence to prepare Expense voucher .
Seema Gupta

Seema Gupta (auditor)     25 September 2021

You can get supporting documents for the total expense amount from the sales manager and the balance amount can be taken back otherwise the balance amount can be debited to Manager's Imprest Account.

yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     25 September 2021

I vaguely remember, suspense account was b/d to this year from previous in my question paper. Its IFRS/INDAS method.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags