Students' Journal:Old wine in new bottle:funny articles

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)

05 January 2010  

Nervous Uttam Aggarwal in his perhaps second last speech in his private album like Students magazine has said,”

1.Although you might have found difference in the question papers in the November,2009 exams;you must have also realized that nothing has been done detrimental to your interest.This would have lso allayed the fears in the minds of some of the students who were unnecessarily worrying about the pattern and nature of question paper.On account of professional nature of CA course;we are required to evolve better ways of testing your knowledge.

There are certain misnomers in the minds of the students of CA. Some of you feel that ICAI moderates the results. I wish to reaffirm that we do not undertake any moderation that is directed towards reducing  the results. The interest of the students are utmost in our minds. The results truly reflect ur performance in the exams.

My reaction to this is that sir, u may rant this over and over again; but that doesn’t change the truth.Changing question pattern is very much welcome; but recent events like delay in results in case of June 2009 PCC deepens our doubts. How can a pass percentage of a major center like Ahmedabad become half in Six month?25 pc to 12pc!

2.He is giving us how CA Shiksha website has helped students and that has 10lac hits. The fact that this has proved nearly a disaster and a failure so far; ICAI has blamed it to “extraneous factors”?”It was a learning experience for us”,ICAI says. What about the money spent on all these.

May be the extraneous factors are “dummy articles” who sit in cyber café all day and plot against icai and plant viruses in the CA shiksha website.

3.And do read the story by Sonia Suneja at the end of the magazine.Jabarjasti Sonia ne “articleship” and “Ca final exams”  ko story mein ghusadiya hain.Read it your self especially second para in page 45;in which mom asks Sneha about taxation problems. Mind you, mom is in her office.and Sneha replies,”Board of studies have given me so good answers to my questions that I emailed them.”

Sneha is having fever of just 99Degrees(well we are forced to go office even if we have 101 degree or diarrhea and the office does not have regular supply of water); and her CA is her family friend and her mom phones him and she gets chhutti.And then she doesn’t take rest and she studies.

Is neha a semi-dummy?hahahah