Stock Market Analysis

VINOD (BUSINESS) (50 Points)

06 December 2008  

Dear Fellow members / Guests,

It’s been a great journey quite some time for all of us and it’s a informative portal wherein we can exchange our views and experiences with each other as well with the World at large.

I have a similar query for you all:

HOW EFFECTIVE DO YOU FEEL IS THE STOCK MARKET ANALYSIS WORKS ESPECIALLY THE TECHNICAL ANALYSIS IN TODAY'S MARKET CONDITIONS? ARE YOU OF THE OPINION THAT THEY HOLD GOOD OR GOOD BUT NOT OFTEN OR SIMPLY USELESS?

I am very much confused about the market analysis the technical analysts do, esp. on the business channels on television, as they tend to give the support - resistance levels at such prices of any particular scrip which many a times seems simply absurd and an investor - day trader / position trader ends up being confused on following there levels.

I am sure many of you agree that most of the retail investors simply invest money in the stock market and stocks that they feel like investing without going deep in the company details.

Do throw some beam of light in this area of study - technical one, which might be used by both day traders and position traders.

Thanks and regards

Manish Jain