Standing crop compensation during land acquisition by nhai project

ajeet singh   12 December 2019

ajeet singh

33 likes  1080 points

| My Other Post

as per horticulture department 700plant/ hectare are recommended while assessee has claimed 1700 plant per hectre and received compensation for standing crop now the case is selected for scrutiny and as per assessee govt authority has given claim for 1700plant while ao is eager to made addition on this issue. plant are pomegranate
how to convince the ao

avater

Kapadia Pravin   14 December 2019

Kapadia Pravin

820 likes  12897 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Such compensation by NHAI for standing crop loss to the farmer is in the form of Agricultural income and tax exempt.

You explain to the AO with NHAI letters and cheque payments by NHAI.

Can you say on which ground AO is not convinced ?

avater

ajeet singh   14 December 2019

ajeet singh

33 likes  1080 points

Number of plant 1700 where the ao is not convinced.

avater

Kapadia Pravin   15 December 2019

Kapadia Pravin

820 likes  12897 points

There is a issue between 700 plants an 1700 plants. Horticulture department 700 plants okayed but you claimed 1700 plants.

The compensation claimed is on higher plants which may be later noticed by NHAI you may end up paying up excessive amount of compensation.

The IT department to the extent of excess compensation asking for supportings and you are bound to furnish such and convince AO.

AO may pass an order much to your dismay. And in that case you have to seek appeal route.

NHAI may also face audit enquiry for paying higher than recommended by horticulture department.

avater

Ritwick chatterjee (student)     16 December 2019

Ritwick chatterjee
student 
 4 likes  82 points

As per Horticulture department, its just recommendation, but not rule, and the same being considered by compensating authority.

There is no rule in IT to disallow the compensation issued by any governmental agency, but to assess its tax-ability under IT act.

Go for appeal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »