Capital Gains Tax Bonds

1. Suppose I sell my immovable property towards March end of the financial year and I have to move to another city, it will take time for me to transfer the bank accounts to the new city. In this case, for 54EC bonds, can I apply within 6 months of the date of sale but before filing the returns and claim exemption for the same. For claiming exemption is it the date of application for 54EC Bonds or the date of allotment that is considered?


2. Can I put the unutilized taxable amount of Capital Gains in Capital Gains Accounts Scheme and then from this put the amount in 54EC bonds if the date of filing of ITR is over and then file a belated/revised return?


3. Do I have to take the signature of the AO before closing the CGAS account and how to find my AO (is it of the city where the old asset was sold or of the new place where I migrate to)?

Replies (1)
  1. Though Date of application is allowed, but to be on safer side consider date of allotment.
  2.  No, once deposited in CGAS account, it cannot be allowed for investment in 54EC bond.
  3.  Yes, The AO is as per your PAN card records.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details