Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manoj kumar (cs)     02 September 2010

Stamping of LLP Agreement

Dear Members

I am about to incorporate an LLP in karnataka, but i do have a confusion regarding two issues:

1) Amout of stamp duty payable if the total contribution is Rs. 2 Lacs

2) The manner of stamp duty payable.

my consideration

i feel the amout of stamp duty would be Rs. 200 as the Karnataka Stamp Act provide the stamp duty on shares or equitable would be Rs. 1 for every Rs. 1000 and part thereof. I am confursed because the i found the act from google and it might not be updated.

AND

Regarding manner of payment i feel i have to purchase the stamp paper of Rs. 200. Do the epayment of stamp duty as applicable in case of formation of company is also applicable to LLP as well.

pls advise

Regards

Manoj Kumar

Company Secretary

8 Replies

Kiran Toshniwal

Kiran Toshniwal (Practicing Company Secretary)     02 September 2010

Hi,

epayment of stamp duty is not applicable to LLP. You need to buy a Stamp Paper of Rs.200/-.

LLP Agreement will bee executed on such Stamp paper.

manoj kumar

manoj kumar (cs)     03 September 2010

Still waiting for the reply.......

Manish Manohar Lingayat

Manish Manohar Lingayat (Account Head)     25 June 2011

Respected Manoj ,

Can you please help in below question while forming in LLP [ Limited Liability Partnership ] with 2 partners :

1. 2 partners can be designated partners ?

2. Remuneration can be provided to designated partners , since default LLP agreement states that there is no remuneration is provided to designated partners for his activities to LLP ??

3. Is LLP business can be registered at rented residential premises by doing an rent agreement ??

4. If premises is under mortgage at Bank for home loan , is it possible to make rent agreement on this premises ?? if no then what is the remedy .

5. After Incoporation of LLP in how many days do the PAN , Shops & Establishment license , Professional tax , service tax , VAT registration need to be done.

for your information business type will be ' tax consultancy , Man Power recruitment '

your comments on above will be highly appreciated .

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Manish Lingayat

Kiran Toshniwal

Kiran Toshniwal (Practicing Company Secretary)     25 June 2011

Hi,

With reference to your queries:

1.      Yes.

2.      If your are Remuneration, make sure the LLP Agreement should contain such clause

Simple clause likes “a partner is entitled to receive remuneration for taking part in the conduct of the business as mutually agreed by the partners from time to time”.

3.      Yes. Obtain NOC from the owner of the property

4.      I think no….but not sure

5.      PAN is mandatory-No time limit

Shops & Establishment license- Within 30 days from the commencement of business

Service tax- As in your case service tax will be applicable…. Within 30 days from the commencement of business

or

Service provider whose value of Services exceeds Rs. 9lakhs per annum requires registration, but still he can avail an exemption if the value of Service does not exceed Rs. 10 lakhs per annum.

Manish Manohar Lingayat

Dear Kiran,

Thx. for sharing valuable information with us.

Regards,

Manish Lingayat

Manish Manohar Lingayat

Hello Kiran,

I would like to inform you that we want to start the Tax Consultancy , what should be documents required for that. Sales Tax Practice letter will be required for that. please explain us in details.

One more things If we will provide accounts writting services , Income Tax Letter will be required for that also or not.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Manish Lingayat

vidhi

vidhi (CA)     27 November 2012

Please help me.

I am about to incorporate a LLP. Have already filed Form no. 2 of  LLP paying Rs. 5000 for incorporation of Documents.

Now I have to prepare LLP deed and Stamp duty in Maharashtra is Rs. 5000. Am I suppose to pay Rs.5000 again or its considered paid with Form 2. Moreover if my contribution is RS. 50 lacs What amount of Stamp paper do i need?

ANTONY EDGAR

ANTONY EDGAR (CA in Practice)     28 November 2012

Dear Vidhi,

For the LLP agreement, you need not pay any further fees to the MCA. Whatever fees paid at the time of filling of Form2 is sufficient. As per the LLP ACT, the LLP agreement is not mandatory and if there is no LLP agreement the company shall be goverened by First Schedule to the ACT. In case, the company decided to enter into an agreement ( advised to do so), the agreement has to be in an stamp papper for Rs.100/- irrespective of the contribution of the company

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register