SOME TIPS FOR NOV '09 PCC EXAMINEES

Desi Mojito (Chartered Accountant) (142 Points)

13 September 2009  

Dear friends,

Since the PCC exam for Nov,09 is knocking on the door I decided to share some of my thoughts about the exam with you. My first attempt was on June’ 09   and I passed both the groups at one go. I had a moderate preparation and truly speaking I studied only during the last 2 months. So for those who are appearing in Nov’09 exams there are few tips which I would like to share.

1.      For theory based paper like auditing, Law etc. always follow the answer pattern as given in the Institute’s compiler. Always refer the provisions of the relevant Section then conclude your answer on the basis of the said provisions.

2.      Don’t try to strengthen your weaknesses in the last few days. Instead focus on your strengths to make them more stronger. I was weak in Law, but instead of mastering the Law portion, I focused on ethics & communication part. In the exam I found law portion tough but I performed well in the remaining 40 marks. I got 62 in that paper.(Roll No.28748) .

3.      Give importance to ITSM. If something goes wrong with CostFm this will act as group total enhancer. Being an average student I feel that it is tough to score above 60 in Tax.

4.      Good Handwriting is advantageous for scoring good marks. Even if you write something brilliant but if it is not legible to read you will get 0.      

5.      For those who are giving their 2nd or 3rd attempt don’t criticize ICAI for your results. I am not saying you to praise ICAI but there is no point criticizing them. Has anyone achieved anything by criticizing ICAI? Remember one thing ONLY YOU AND YOUR HARDWORK WILL MAKE YOU A CA if you put in your 100% no power in this world can stop you from achieving your goal.

6.      After exam, going back to home don’t start checking what you have written is correct or wrong this will cause huge damage to your confidence for the rest exams.

7.      I see many people don’t appear for the rest of the papers if something goes wrong in the initial part of a group. Have the courage to face the music, you never know what you score in the underperformed paper.

8.      If you feel any question have been set out of the syllabus try to attempt it, coz attempting it will make sure you get marks for that question even if you are wrong.(TAX PAPER OF JUNE 09)

9.      Try to attempt 100 marks in the theory papers it will increase your scoring potential.

I would like to get comments from all my friends regarding my views.