Easy Office
LCI Learning

SOME TIPS FOR NOV '09 PCC EXAMINEES

Page no : 3

Desi Mojito (Chartered Accountant) (142 Points)
Replied 14 September 2009

Originally posted by :Vishal
" I am a PE-II student. Completed my PE-I and PE-II group-1 in one go but i have given group-2 for almost 5 attempts and still not able to crack it. Ur view i would agree that we should not blame the institute but rather should change our approach towards studying.Every single attempt i find some improvement in my studies. I prepared hand written notes for all subjects. usually i lose bec of costing and FM. But this time cleared that and first time ever i lost in tax. Any way looking for NOV-2009 exams. "

Thats what i meant to say dear.Jus fine tune urself after every attempt.try to balance ur preparation,devote equal time 4 each paper.atleast u were lucky that u cud get thru costfm (since u r a pe 2 stdnt). in this way try to view the positive after each failure. remember:

WHEN GOING GETS TOUGH, TOUGHER GETS GOING.

CA Manish Garg (CA ) (287 Points)

hi dear , as u said to to make strong  ETHICS + COMMn , i hav done ethics , and commn but in commn i hav only done deeds ,as i hav seen that in commn 15 marks r frm deed  thts y ui thought not to waste tym 4 5marks portion ? is my strategy gud? and also tell writing skills 4 theory papers? lyk audit + law?

Desi Mojito (Chartered Accountant) (142 Points)

Originally posted by :manish garg
"  

hi dear , as u said to to make strong  ETHICS + COMMn , i hav done ethics , and commn but in commn i hav only done deeds ,as i hav seen that in commn 15 marks r frm deed  thts y ui thought not to waste tym 4 5marks portion ? is my strategy gud? and also tell writing skills 4 theory papers? lyk audit + law?
"

I didnt said to make ethics+commn strong, what I said was that I was weak in law so i focused on that part only.If you are confident about law(which most of are) there is no harm in it.

Atleast go through the scanner and read the important questions. getting marks in 5 marks portion is not tough, again it  reduces chances of missing out on some easy marks.Well, as u hav learned the deeds half the battle is won learn the process of communication well n if possible read the 1st chapter of commn.So ur strategy is ok but try to read the 1st chapter atleast.

Again, carefully watch the answer patterns in compiler . For audit n law they expect u to write the answer in similar fashion. Dont try to lenghthen ur answer  keep it short and to the point.

START EACH ANSWER IN A FRESH PAGE.

BEST OF LUCK.

1 Like

CA Sushma Tiwari (EMPLOYED) (91 Points)

hey...thnxxxx for givng tips...plzzz help me...how 2 study audit...bcz i did'nt took any class of audit...nw it's bcme really tough for me to study audit...sushma20079041 @ yahoo.co.in 

(Guest)

CA LOVELY ARORA (C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate)   (2151 Points)
Replied 15 September 2009

thnx

Narayani (CA Final Student) (82 Points)
Replied 15 September 2009

hi sushma! you can divide audit into 3 sections

I. company audit n special audit.

II. 1st 4 chps till internal audit

III. vouching n verification.

Read n understand from module or notes. Let me tell u one thing. For my audit paper, my articleship training helped a lot as the paper was completely practical.... All the best...

Ahilandeswari (Articled assistant) (44 Points)
Replied 16 September 2009

thanks yaar

CA Sushma Tiwari (EMPLOYED) (91 Points)

thnxxxxxx a lot.....

SRIKANT MAHOUR (CA-Final & MBA) (30 Points)

Thanks of suggestion

SRIKANT MAHOUR (CA-Final & MBA) (30 Points)

any one can give tips for preperation of ca-pcc costing

CA Sweety Shekhawat (HAPPY LIFE) (74 Points)

Thanks  Souvik  for giving ur GREAT suggestion...

thanks again....

CA Aspirant! (CA Fresher) (112 Points)

souvik, the tips u have given are very gud....congrats!

Me too cleared PCC both groups in my 1st sitting...and i wish to share a few things from my experience :

1) for problem papers : study the theory portion also...u wont knw whether the prob part goes tough or not..if it does nd if u hav theory part in ur hand, u can clear the paper ( nd worry only abt d aggregate, of course! )..

2) its better u write theory papers POINT WISE than in longggg paragraphs....

3)as souvik said, whatevr u write, write it NEATLY & in a LEGIBLE MANNER. it really counts, frnds !!

4) write those answers which u knw very well 1st...there is no rule that we shud answer  chronologically..

5) do not miss the RECENT AMENDMENTS in taxation...they ask them.. also jus hav a luk through the sections also & see whether u can quote them... its easy to score marks in tax if u practise doing probs relating 2 heads of income, carry 4wrd of losses & all that (i got 65)...also our articleship helps 2 crack practically askd questns..

as of now, i can remember only this much...but i am always happy to help u all if any1 needs my help...bye nd ALL THE VERY BEST FRIENDZZ !!!!

1 Like

C.Balaji (Learner) (1867 Points)
Replied 17 September 2009

thanx a lot........

JIGAR (CA PCC GR1 CLEAR) (149 Points)
Replied 18 September 2009

THANKS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :