Signing date on balance sheet

Shridhi Jain (Company Secretary)     06 November 2014

Shridhi Jain
Company Secretary 
 155 likes  1678 points

| My Other Post

A company has adopted its accounts n draft directors report on 28th June 2014. Auditor finished the audit on 25th August 2014 and signed the balance sheet and auditor report. What is the date of signing of balance sheet. Also, what will be the date of signing of Board Report. 

Also, is it necessary to show board meeting on the date of signing of directors report and balance sheet, even if the directors are authorized to sign the balance sheet and draft directors report on 28th June 2014?

Pls reply, its urgent.

avater

Shridhi Jain (Company Secretary)     11 November 2014

Shridhi Jain
Company Secretary 
 155 likes  1678 points

View Profile | My Other Post

I request your kind reply.

avater

Avneesh Mishra (CS Trainee)     12 November 2014

Avneesh Mishra
CS Trainee 
 14 likes  502 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear Ms. Jain,

Please find my responses below point wise:

1. The Signing date with place on Balance Sheet for Directors would be the date on which they have adopted the Balance Sheet in the Board Meeting i.e. 28th June in your case.

2. Since the Auditor too is suppose to be a part of the Audit Committee meeting, he too will sign the Balance Sheet and Auditors Report on the same date, if he is not present, then may be at a later date along with place of his signing.

3. The Date of Signing the Directors Report by the Chairman (On Behalf of the Company) is the date on which the Board of Directors have approved the Draft i.e. 28th June in your case.

Hope the sharings are in line with your queries.

Regards,
Avneesh Mishra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »