Easy Office

SHULD I QUIT?

Page no : 2

Sudeep Srivastava (.) (33 Points)
Replied 06 August 2010

neha my no is 9810907360 talk to me i will illustrate u frm my personal experience i m CA now but faced many hardship. once u talk i m 100% sure u wont drop

(Guest)

dear neha..im karthik....got failed in pcc 2nd grp dis time..dis was ma third attempt....cleared my grp 1 in nov 09...

dis time ma marks wer 144....i was jus shocked after seein it....why cant he giv me 6 mks.....

my career is ruined....

but then let us both teach institute lesson...evrytime he s winning us...dis time we will win..

institute should jus feel oh i let these students fail dese many times...

we l rock it neha...jus we need to get confidence....i know how much its paining...im crying even now while typing...but lets do it dis time....ur heart saying i wanna quit na...but jus think once...institute shudn win...we shud win...if we quit means,,we are defeated....lets win him and take our head proudly...lets  jus 3 months spend our time in winning.....we can and we will....jus forget the past...we r fresh now....we will bag nice scores.....

neha sharma (2222) (28 Points)
Replied 06 August 2010

@ SUPRIYO BHATTACHARJEE.. do you really think that i have lackin in english skills & thats why i got failed?but i alwyz passed in thoery subjct though i got 43 ,49 or 40 wtever...but i passed...and u know my all teachers sir n all frndz sayz that in CA field perfct englis isnt resquired OUR answrs must contain full relevnt justifictaion no matter what tense , vocab or verbs we are using....infct in other fields like MBA required hard storng english...mugging up techinal words n tenses really do matters in other fields as we have to face GD & PI...... AND till 8th standrd i was in haryana board(hindi medium) i hv changed mah medium..n in 12th i got 84.75 % overall...n in ENGLISH i got 81. i am not sayin m gud at english...but i disagree d way u said i shuld improv my english to pass in CA examz & ca requird strong eng skills rather than other career options..... my office frndz whose passed 12th frm hindi medium..who dsnt speak in english..and yes cnt evn write that professnaly..one of them passed with 60% in pcc....n he says that he crame exact lines sentences of theroy... so itz all mind how ppl grasp d thingz.i cnt crame but i have to find out another way of learning theory subjct...like this time m gonna prepare by making key words or lines for the answrs rather than reading or learning whole page or paragraph!!!!!!!1 hope all ppl agree to me n you too! guyz i decided to give this attemp with full happinss n detemintion....i will change my studing pattern as i used to study late night.but this time m goin to start study from early morning...i will make new plan & schdul...n will try to maintain my strenght & try to gain my confidence!!!!! thanx to all of you really at heart.....thanx a tonnnn.......whole day i kept on thinkin n now i decided after discussion here & with my office frndz n sir...n sis..i hope i ll crack in nxt attemp!!!
1 Like

CA Mohd. Nasir (Job) (26 Points)
Replied 06 August 2010

please don't quit neha.....take my example...i cleared first group in my third attempt & now cleared 2nd group in a 5th attempt..my suggestion is to you & all of the students,,,,refer rtp for all subjects & amendments r very imp. from the point of view of exams particularly taxation.

CA Annie (Chartered Accountant ) (747 Points)
Replied 06 August 2010

Hi Neha, dont worry, ur english is not too bad...and yes if u can answer in such a manner that ur message is conveyed, u can get through..however having good vocabulary and communication skills are always an added advantage especially when u face ur life ahead..

abt quiting, never never give up..there are people who hav tried even upto 10 times i hav heard..where there is a will there is a way.. once u pass, u can take my word, u will never ever remember the pain and the suffering that u went through before..u are lucky ur friends, ur family and even ur sir is with u.u are surrounded by people who encourage u...so take courage, dont giv up, put ur trust in God and study well...Gud luck

Amar Kumar (CA Final , Intern ) (1095 Points)
Replied 06 August 2010

Hiiiiii Neha . 

I don't have any suggestions for you as I haven't given IPCC till now....will attempt in Nov 2010.

I just wanted to say that ,normally I'm always charged up & confident about my future ,my preparation and the CA exams to come . . .but when I read posts like yours. . . I get scared too much.

I hope you won't be quitting CA. . . as it would scare me even more!!!!!

Meghna (Article Assistant) (21 Points)
Replied 06 August 2010

Hii Neha,

I am similar case as you are. Yes I cleared my PCC in 3rd attempt but to my bad luck will have to appear audit and law  paper again. Yes i used to feel exactly same when i culd not clear in 2nd attempt. everytime failure was a big shock of my life. but i realised that failure is a part of life. Its absolutely OK. Dear please have faith in god and yourself. Dont get frightened. Getup and start again. If possible try to give one group Properly. That will really really liftup ur moral. Its my personnel experience have faith in yourself and just think that u have to study for yourself and no damn person have that much of guts to stop you from acheiving your dreams. Cum on dear moveon with the same enthusiam that you had in your earlier attempt.

CA SHALINI RAJPUT (Manager Internal Audits)   (62 Points)
Replied 06 August 2010

Dear Neha,

Please don't get disheartened by your results and try with full confidence for your upcoming attempt. You still have enough time to prepare yourself for the Nov attempt and now take it as a challenge before you. I am sure you would come out with the flying colors. 

When you will clear you will find a difference in your own self as by experiencing failures in life you would have become stronger to face struggles and all type of hurdles and would be more knowledgeable than what you were before. 

So take your failure as one stepping stone towards your successful and bright future.

I wish you all success in your career.

Take care

Shalini

namrata (Chartered Accountant) (29 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

Originally posted by : SUPRIYO BHATTACHARJEE

Dear Friends ,

While encouraging words are all very good, I feel we should point out to Neha that her English writing skills requires much improvement (assuming she is writing the papers in English). However much you know , unless you are able to express it on paper things will not work out. This applies to any field of study and especially in CA where you have to reason out the answers .

So Neha , if you feel you can invest time in improving your written English , then by all means go ahead and write the exam again. Else I feel you should look at other courses where lack of written english skills will not be a major handicap.

Sorry for putting it so bluntly, but I feel that a sensible choice (rather than a emotional one) will help you in the long run

Supriyo

a very realistic and correct advice....plz do consider it neha....coz its ur flaws that u need to correct at this point of time....and yes u need to put in all ur positive energy rite nw...I knw it is difficult...but jus set aside watever has happd so far...and jus think of this attempt as a new beginning....

I wish u all the very best!!! And i really hope u do really well the next time...

vikash rathi (Chartered Accountant) (787 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

hey just give u r last chance with full of cofidence u will surely clear........................dont worry at all u r not the alone who has given 3 attempt many r there clearing c.a.exam in 1st attempt is a big deal so dont worry u just concentrate on ur study this time u will surely clear............i can suggest u if it is comfortable then try to give single group then 2nd one will might be easy for u.............rest is on if u quit then there is nothing but if u fight then there is hope u can clear.........

Rohit ([ ] ) (1140 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

Well difficult situation, I must say. I would want to point out a few things before you decide to call it a day.

1. You have only 8 months of articles remaining - So if you stay put for another attempt you are able to complete you articles as well, which means it would be easy for you to take up CA even if you want to do that any point in time in your career.

2. MBA - CAT would be around Nov timeframe: If you are considering MBA as an alternate career option, the entrance exams (CAT and other ones) would mostly be in Nov timeframe so you don’t have enough time to prepare for a top percentile score in CAT. (Strictly my personal opinion)

So bottom line is - give your PCC one more shot

If you still don’t clear - By March 2011 your articles would be over and you can focus full time on the CAT Nov 2011 to get a good score. (Don’t quit your Articleship - it’s your license to do CA anytime in your life)

IF you clear...you know the next steps ......God Bless!

CA Trinath Galla (student) (3130 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

Originally posted by : CA AMIT CHIMNANI God is Great

In my view you should not quit .CA course means struggle. As you have shared your numbers, you are very close to pass the exams so work hard and do something different in this attempt means just dont revise the course do some new things and to get what is your problem see sugested.

charnjeet kaur (ca final student ) (83 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

Originally posted by : Rohit

Well difficult situation, I must say. I would want to point out a few things before you decide to call it a day.

1. You have only 8 months of articles remaining - So if you stay put for another attempt you are able to complete you articles as well, which means it would be easy for you to take up CA even if you want to do that any point in time in your career.

2. MBA - CAT would be around Nov timeframe: If you are considering MBA as an alternate career option, the entrance exams (CAT and other ones) would mostly be in Nov timeframe so you don’t have enough time to prepare for a top percentile score in CAT. (Strictly my personal opinion)

So bottom line is - give your PCC one more shot

If you still don’t clear - By March 2011 your articles would be over and you can focus full time on the CAT Nov 2011 to get a good score. (Don’t quit your Articleship - it’s your license to do CA anytime in your life)

IF you clear...you know the next steps ......God Bless!

NEHA (AUDITOR) (24 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

Dear Neha,

I can truely understand your problem, but i feel there are many other things which one has not considered while replying to your post. . I request you to plesae reach me at my mail id neha.gupta2384 @ gmail.com

Regards

Neha

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

I have no words to share with you except:

1. Have faith in your abilities and your parents' blessings.

2. Do not quit CA and use your previous experience.

My best wishes are always with you

God Bless !!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: