Short term capital loss

I did trading in which short term capital loss is around 5000 rupees how can I show in my itr 2
Replies (8)
Quick Summary
This discussion explains how to report a short-term capital loss of around ₹5000 in your ITR-2 by using Schedule CYLA. It highlights that failing to report the loss means you cannot carry it forward to future years to offset against gains. While you can choose not to report it if you don't expect future gains, this means forfeiting the opportunity to utilise the loss later.

You can put all the details regarding losses in Schedule CYLA.
What if I don't show lodd
If you don't show the loss, you will not be able to carry forward your loss to future years and set off in the next year against any gain.
Right.
I can write it off as drawings am I right
Drawings has nothing to do with Income tax applicability.
Then if i don't show in itr what can I do
If you anticipate that in future years you can not have gains against which u can set off your current year's loss, then u may not show it in your ITR.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details