Short term Capital gain/loss in ITR2

Hello All,  I m a salaried person and have some investments in equity too. To file my return for AY 2010-11, I m planning to show some short term capital gains and losses I made last year. I have a few stock options and as there was a bous I have booked a loss based on the pre-bonus FMV. I want to set-off the short term capital gains from equity and carry forward to remaining losses for future. I have the following questions:

Do I need to show detailed calculation in my ITR or I just need to work out and put the final figures? While computing gain/loss do I factor in the brokerage and STT paid too?

I read somewhere that if I want to carry forward the losses I need to file a loss return u/s 139(3). How do I do it and is it really required?


Thanks in advance for the valuable inputs.

Replies (1)

1) U need to file ITR I suppose

2) U need to fill only those columns/Rows which are there in the ITR & no additional details are to be filed

3) yes u need to take the final amount(selling price) after deducting the amount of STT and also the amount of Brokerage.

4) Loss return means that u need to file a return claiming the loss & the same is to be filed before due date.

5) I hope u are cleared about rules of Set-off.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details