Share investment mismatch in balance sheet

Rakesh (Manager) (75 Points)

07 March 2018  

I am an individual having income from TUtion as well as i do some share investment. I am trying to make a Balance sheet and P&L statement. Regarding my investment in shares, i am not able to talley the amount of share holding and traded in the financial year. What i have done is I have excel sheet containng the no. of shares of some companys and purchase price including taxes. I sold some shares and bought some. I determined amount of holding for all the share available with me and determined Profit and loss for the share i sold against the purchsae price adjusting taxes.

I made a demat account in my balance sheet wherein i have taken all the amount debited and credited from my bank account and difference shall be the amount of investment as per my understanding after adjusting the profit and loss for the shares i sold. But the amount of actual holding and the determined is not matching.

Can anybody help me out, wether what i am doing is correct or is there any other way to do the above. If you have any example, please share.

Your hlp will be highly appreciated.

Thanks