Easy Office

Share Application Money

Page no : 4

rvsekar2000 (212 Points)
Replied 14 October 2010

Dear All,

Share application money in a private limited can be returned in a phased manner as described above as long as the applicant is not pressing for immediate payment.

However , in al listed company , it has to be refunded within the time specificed by SEBI guideline.

There is no restriction or bar under the Companies Act for the refund of share application money by a private limited company within a time frame as in the case of listed companies.

You have to refund the share application money only by way of cheque or demand draft as per Income-Tax  Act.

During the assessment proceedings , IT department may ask for the details for share application money and you have to substantiate that it was kept pending for long time as the Board has not decided to allot shares .

Sometimes, where application money is not allotted and the spill over happens over next financial year, there are possibilities that it may be viewed as advance amount. One may  have to consider this aspect as well...

R.V.Seckar

Please do visit my blog :

https://rvsekar.blogspot.com/

https://rvseckarfema.blogspot.com/

ramakrishna (article) (83 Points)
Replied 14 December 2010

Hello Friends,

A pvt ltd company has a authorise share capital of  Rs.1lakh and this is fully paid up. Then again company made issue of shares and received 50 lakh as share application money before increasing the authorised share capital. The shares has been not alloted.

My question is  can the company now increase the authorise share capital and allot the shares?

shashi raj jajware (CA final) (22 Points)
Replied 24 June 2011

hello frnds,

plz  give the ans abt my query ie. how much period a co can hold share application money without issuing shares? & its conceqwences?

regards

shashi raj jajware

shashi raj jajware (CA final) (22 Points)
Replied 24 June 2011

hello frnds,

plz  give the ans abt my query ie. how much period a co can hold share application money without issuing shares? & its conceqwences?

regards

shashi raj jajware

kamsali mohanachary (student) (25 Points)
Replied 21 July 2011

Hey Please let me know the treatment of share apllication money pending allotment in calculating the detbt equity ratio.i.e, should it be considered as a debt or as a part of share capital????

CA srinivas sandeep p (COSULTANT AUDIT & ASSURANCE)   (25 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

can unallotted share application money transfered to loan a/c?

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15090 Points)
Replied 10 September 2011

unallotted share application money should not be transfered to loan a/c as law specifically says that it should not be utilised until allotment.

muthukrishnan (ASST. MANAGER ACCOUNTS) (34 Points)
Replied 04 November 2011

Dear Mr. Srinivasaraghavan, thanks for your valuable infomation - Muthukrishnan D

CA SUNIL GOEL (Taxation Audit Company Matters Finance etc.)   (229 Points)
Replied 06 July 2012

Hi

A company has received share application money of Rs. 2500000/- in F.Y. 2011-12.

On 31.03.2012, it completed more than 6 months without allotment of shares.

Now as an auditor can i suggest to forfeit to the said application money in books. IF YES?

WHAT WILL BE THE ENTRIES IN BOOKS AND TAX TREATMENT FOR THE FORFEITURE AMOUNT????? 

If No? what will be the treatment, if i want to clear the application money from the books???

ARUN KUMAR MAITRA (Practicing Company Secretary)   (1016 Points)
Replied 26 July 2012

As per the revised schedule VI,  excess share application money received and which is due for refund, should be shown under the head "Other Current Liabilities" alongwith interest accrued thereon,if any.

ARUN KUMAR MAITRA (Practicing Company Secretary)   (1016 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

Dear experts,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

In this connection, I have just one more query.

As per revised Schedule-VI,if a company receives excess share application money, it has to specifically state in the Balance Sheet whether it has sufficient Authorised Capital resulting from allotment of shares against share application money.

In view of the above, can a Pvt. Ltd. Company retain the excess application money till allotment or it has to immediately refund the same ,if its authorised capital is already equal to its Paid-up Capital ? Will it be better to show it as an interest free unsecured advance to be adjusted against Share Capital and obtain a declaration from the shareholders that they will not withdraw the money till allotment.

I shall be much obliged , if you would kindly express your views with reference to the latest provisions of the Companies Act to be read with the Income Tax act.

Balasaheb (Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 24 October 2012

mca filing fees where debited in books?

Replied 11 February 2013

Excess share application money beyond authorised capital should be shown in ‘Other current liabilities’ in new schedule VI format.

Replied 11 February 2013

Originally posted by : Balasaheb

mca filing fees where debited in books?

If its a big size company and have lot of expense account in "Indirect expenses" head than separate account can be opened for this account. However, you need to maintain separate account in case annual expenditure of same nature is‘1% of revenue from operations or Rs.100,000 whichever is higher’ .

For small companies, where MCA fee is not much, I suggest Rates and taxes account for this purpose.

ganesh (Manager accounts ) (24 Points)
Replied 06 August 2015

we need to submit the share application confirmation to income tax how it will draft

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: