Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sfm may 2016 exam help

A D - Loving Life (none) (1234 Points)

21 March 2016  

I am appearing for CA final in may 2016. I have taken coaching for sfm & completed 3 readings from coaching notes but still I am not able to solve sums and there is much difference between coaching solutions & pm solutions. Can I change my book now? For 3 chapters specially FOREX, DERIVATIVES & SECURITY ANALYSIS. Please guide me. Which book I should refer? 🙏🙏🙏🙏 and is pm sufficient for theory.            I need a book which explains concept and problem on that concept. I have checked AN SRIDHAR book but it has theory all together & then problem back that too directly of pm and not understanding concepts. Please help me. 🙏 thank you

23 Replies

manoj (student) (5193 Points)
Replied 21 March 2016

YOU CAN REFER  BALA OR SRIDHAR

Replied 21 March 2016

which one is better bala or sridhar

i have seen sridhar but not s bala

but as it's of snowhite so was thinking it might be better as i have snowwhite's fr mp vijaykumars book

eshwar (CA FINAL , CMA) (119 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

pattabi sir book is good . but as per my opinion dont change the book because u have only one month time left so it is difficult to prepare now . so just stick on the class notes . 

1 Like

ankit khandelwal (student) (32 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

I think pm and study materials sufficient

Ramganesh (Audit senior) (22 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

It is better to use saravanaprasad she's book

mayuri (student) (21 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

J.B.Gutpa is also good one.

Jolly (student) (41 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

For the purpose of forex,derivatives you can learn from sanjay sharaf lectures download from YouTube.... This is the best study lectures for these 2 chapters.....

Jolly (student) (41 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

For the purpose of forex,derivatives you can learn from sanjay sharaf lectures download from YouTube.... This is the best study lectures for these 2 chapters.....

Mamta1309 (Student CA Final ) (38 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

I would not suggest you to change book at this time if u r appearing for may 2016. Just go through the practice manual..infact your main focus should be on practice manual..

Replied 22 March 2016

You all have confused me more. I have taken coaching of sanjay saraf sir only and I am not satisfied for this 3 chapters.  Will you all please tell one option? I have already done 3 reading.  

If I do not change notes then is institute module sufficient.  I have seen it too and it misses many concepts. ...

Please guide

Deepa Ghosh (Student) (21 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

V. Pattabhi Ram is the best. But now with very little time left, best to just go through the notes, study the practice manual and then solve the compiled answers.

CA Harsha Jain (analyst) (22 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

It will not be a good choice to change the book now..sanjay saraf is good for forex derivative..and practice manual.is must..don't skip that..and one more thing suppose by your class concepts you are able to solve pm questions then don't focus on pm solutiins ..answer is important..mainly focus on small chapters.they will help you in scoring good.

CA Harsha Jain (analyst) (22 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

It will not be a good choice to change the book now.for forex , derivatives refer Sanjay saraf.don't forget to do practice manual , it is must.and do one thing suppose you are able to solve pm questions through your concepts then there is not any problem.what matters is the answer..

CA Mayur Todmal (Practicing CA) (7603 Points)
Replied 22 March 2016

you may reffer J B Gupta because good for self reference.. and well explained each every difficult concept.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags