Sfm may 2016 exam help

I am appearing for CA final in may 2016. I have taken coaching for sfm & completed 3 readings from coaching notes but still I am not able to solve sums and there is much difference between coaching solutions & pm solutions. Can I change my book now? For 3 chapters specially FOREX, DERIVATIVES & SECURITY ANALYSIS. Please guide me. Which book I should refer? πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ and is pm sufficient for theory.            I need a book which explains concept and problem on that concept. I have checked AN SRIDHAR book but it has theory all together & then problem back that too directly of pm and not understanding concepts. Please help me. πŸ™ thank you

Replies (23)

YOU CAN REFER  BALA OR SRIDHAR

which one is better bala or sridhar

i have seen sridhar but not s bala

but as it's of snowhite so was thinking it might be better as i have snowwhite's fr mp vijaykumars book

pattabi sir book is good . but as per my opinion dont change the book because u have only one month time left so it is difficult to prepare now . so just stick on the class notes . 

I think pm and study materials sufficient
It is better to use saravanaprasad she's book
J.B.Gutpa is also good one.
For the purpose of forex,derivatives you can learn from sanjay sharaf lectures download from YouTube.... This is the best study lectures for these 2 chapters.....
For the purpose of forex,derivatives you can learn from sanjay sharaf lectures download from YouTube.... This is the best study lectures for these 2 chapters.....
I would not suggest you to change book at this time if u r appearing for may 2016. Just go through the practice manual..infact your main focus should be on practice manual..

You all have confused me more. I have taken coaching of sanjay saraf sir only and I am not satisfied for this 3 chapters.  Will you all please tell one option? I have already done 3 reading.  

If I do not change notes then is institute module sufficient.  I have seen it too and it misses many concepts. ...

Please guide

V. Pattabhi Ram is the best. But now with very little time left, best to just go through the notes, study the practice manual and then solve the compiled answers.

It will not be a good choice to change the book now..sanjay saraf is good for forex derivative..and practice manual.is must..don't skip that..and one more thing suppose by your class concepts you are able to solve pm questions then don't focus on pm solutiins ..answer is important..mainly focus on small chapters.they will help you in scoring good.
It will not be a good choice to change the book now.for forex , derivatives refer Sanjay saraf.don't forget to do practice manual , it is must.and do one thing suppose you are able to solve pm questions through your concepts then there is not any problem.what matters is the answer..

you may reffer J B Gupta because good for self reference.. and well explained each every difficult concept.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details