Share on Email

Share More

Service tax on technical supervisory services

prosanta bordoloi (AAO)     19 March 2013

prosanta bordoloi
AAO 
 83 points

| My Other Post

If a service provider( a foreign firm) raises his bill without sevice tax elelement and TDS element (as per the supply agreement  all  taxes are to be paid by the service receiver). The service receiver(indian company) did not deposit the taxes from their side .( the payment of the invoice was done before July 2012) . Now if the service receiver wants to make the payment ,will the penality and interest to be born ? Can he avail the avail the amnesty scheme as declared by the Finance bill 2013 ? what are the procedure to avail the scheme? 

avater

CA Manish Pawan (Practicing Chartered Accountant)     19 March 2013

CA Manish Pawan
Practicing Chartered Accountant 
 8 likes  134 points

View Profile | My Other Post

I dont know abt the new scheme thrown in budget 2013. As far as making payment of service tax is concerned the assesse can make payment including interest @ 18% p.a. but no penalty is to be paid provided department has not issued any Show Cause Notification for demand of service tax to the assessee.

avater

Sunil (Trader)     19 March 2013

Sunil
Trader 
 101 likes  2602 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Only after budget receives the assent of the President. Half the tax to be paid before the December 31st and half in within 6 or 9 months. You cannot claim credit or refunds against this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register