Seminar experience

CA Gyati Gupta (In Practice) (8227 Points)

22 May 2014  

My dear friends

I am in the first year of my articleship and my final attempt is due in may 2016. Since last may (2013), when i cleared my ipcc both groups, i have hardly taken my studies seriously, because no exam presurre, so no worry, a happy-go-lucky life i m living.

Everything was so normal since last saturday , but an immense tension gripped over me when i attented Seminar on Accounting Standards in Meerut where ICAI ex-president CA Amarjit Chopra sir was the speaker.

Initally, he asked  basic questions from us from Accounting Standard 1 itself ,where i felt myself utterly dumbfound, and i could sense that there were many students sailing in the same boat.

After analyzing a bit, i concluded that the problem somewhere lies in our study style, we study just to crack our exams , and retain everything just for a short span of time,we do not try to understand the concepts practically in life, i m not blaming u all... but i m mainly addressing those who are able to associate with me .

I am so complex ridden after that seminar, that i took out my class 11th and 12th accountancy books and read them once again.

The purpose is to make sure that whatever i m doing, i shall do that to the best and no one should ever question my knowledge and my skills , no one should dare to challenge me in my profession, i should be thorough with everything i m studying today, i dont want to be a half-headed student who is just known to have smattering of my subjects and profession.

C'mon friends, it is the only time when we have to wakeup, come out of our comfort zone, study to maintain the quality of our profession.