Easy Office

Self study Vs. Coaching classes-A Whole new analysis

Page no : 2

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)
Replied 07 April 2010

HAT'S OFF FOR YOUR VAST EFFORTS

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 07 April 2010

Thanks very much friends for all your very kind comments.

CA Devender Chauhan (Group Financial Accountant)   (1526 Points)
Replied 07 April 2010

Originally posted by : jose.p

Sir, correct me if i am worng. As per me; it depends on the background whether we need coaching or not. A good student from commerce class XII; need no coaching in CPT. He can do it by himself. Suppose, a student has passed bcom from DU; he needn't do coaching for all subjects of pcc .He can do so only in taxation and audit(semi).

A final CA student need not take coaching to take CPA of usa exams.

A final CA student need not take coaching for CS executive for all subjects.

Taking coaching should not be a fashion. But i don't buy icai's theory that pvt coaching don't help students. It has helped me. In such a busy life as a articled assistant; i don't have time to revise the same thing again and again to learn better. And i need to have sb to ask my doubts also. Coaching centres give me exam-oriented preparation.

well said & i agree with you

Replied 07 April 2010

Originally posted by : jose.p

Sir, correct me if i am worng. As per me; it depends on the background whether we need coaching or not. A good student from commerce class XII; need no coaching in CPT. He can do it by himself. Suppose, a student has passed bcom from DU; he needn't do coaching for all subjects of pcc .He can do so only in taxation and audit(semi).

A final CA student need not take coaching to take CPA of usa exams.

A final CA student need not take coaching for CS executive for all subjects.

Taking coaching should not be a fashion. But i don't buy icai's theory that pvt coaching don't help students. It has helped me. In such a busy life as a articled assistant; i don't have time to revise the same thing again and again to learn better. And i need to have sb to ask my doubts also. Coaching centres give me exam-oriented preparation.

Some of your observations especially the highlighted ones are absolutely correct.

1 Like

Ravi Dewangan ( Accountant) (61 Points)
Replied 07 April 2010

thanks sir 

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 07 April 2010

Originally posted by : sivaram

Wonerful post.Thank you sir

Replied 08 April 2010

Originally posted by : Balasubramanya

WOW AMAZING ARTICLE BY AMAZING PERSON, WHAT EVER SIR POST HERE IT WILL BE AWESOME AND VERY GREAT SUPPORT FOR ALL OF US..

SELF STUDY IS THE BEST THING INSTEAD OF GOING TO COACHING, SOME COACHING CENTER MAKING ONLY MONEY INSTEAD OF GIVING PROPER GUDILINES AND STUDENTS LACKING WITHOUT PROPER COACHING AND FAIL IN EXAMS.

BEFORE JOINING COACHING CENTER JUST FIND OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS WHICH IS THE BEST AND JOIN. MY VIEW SELF STUDY IS THE KEY OF SUCCESS, AFTER JOINING COACHING ALSO YOUR SELF STUDY SHOULD BE THERE FOR 90%, 10% WILL BE FROM COACHING...BEFORE JOINING SEE IT YOU NEED COACHING OR YOU CAN DO SELF STUDY..

THANKS FOR GOOD ARTICLES BY GREAT LEGEND

ANKUR SIR

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU

WILL BE BACK SOON

REGARDS

BALU

Balu,

Agree with all your views. We must follow the pre-conditions for self study from the very beginning to succeed.

bhaskar (JUNIOR OFFICER) (32 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

thank u very much sir, it's really good message for all the students who are worried about the examination of CA,ICWA,CS and all.

CS Vijay Daxini (At Practice) (732 Points)
Replied 19 April 2010

you have emphasesed on the role of teacher/seniors but what for the student like me,since c.s.is a distance learning course i m doing it from dhrangadhra(DIST:surenderanagaar) and i have no friends no means not a single whom i can call u and share my problems.without any communications with student how can one get any information even about good reference books

Replied 19 April 2010

Originally posted by : daxini vijay mahenderabhai

you have emphasesed on the role of teacher/seniors but what for the student like me,since c.s.is a distance learning course i m doing it from dhrangadhra(DIST:surenderanagaar) and i have no friends no means not a single whom i can call u and share my problems.without any communications with student how can one get any information even about good reference books

I fully understand your problem. There is only one solution to your problem.

Stay connected to CAclubindia. Here you'll find pofessional as well as student friendly advise, Guidance, Files, reference books knowledge, articles and many other things.

Ajay Naraina (Student) (42 Points)
Replied 31 May 2010

Hi...

It would be very helpful for me if anyone suggest me BEST BOOKS ( Authores wise ) for Reference in SELF STUDY for all subjects of IPCC,.

Actually I am IPCC Student and do not take coaching classess.

its very hard to understand concept (in very short and with less illustrations)  given by Board of studies in STUDY MATARIAL.

Replied 31 May 2010

Hi...

It would be very helpful for me if anyone suggest me BEST BOOKS ( Authores wise ) for Reference in SELF STUDY for all subjects of IPCC,.

its very hard to understand concept (in very short and with less illustrations)  given by Board of studies in STUDY MATARIAL.

Replied 31 May 2010

Hi...

Replied 31 May 2010

BOOKS FOR CA PCC/IPCC

Hi,

You may go for the following options regarding reference books for CA PCC/IPCC:

Accounts- Shukla & Grawal

Auditing- VK Agarwal OR Padhuka

Law- Munish Bhandari OR M.P. Vijaykumar

Ethics & Communication- M.P. Vijaykumar OR Padhuka

Costing- S.N. Maheshwari & Padhuka

F.M.- Saxena & Vashist & Padhuka

Taxation-

(i) For Tax Theory refer== T.N.Manoharan/ Girish Ahuja

(ii)For Tax Numerical refer == Dr.Vinod Singhania/

Information Technology- Padhuka or Dinesh Madan notes

Strategic Management- Padhuka

Also refer Scanners and Suggested Answer issued by ICAI for previous year exams and revised them properly.

For some good notes explore CAClubindia forum and share file section. You may also use search facility of club.

Also explore some CA books at the link below:

www.cabooksonline.com   

Best Regards

nIsHA........ (C.A. finalist:-)) (99 Points)
Replied 03 June 2010

sir,its really,really exotic and inspirational article......thank u sir........4 such a gud contribution......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: