Self assessment tax not considered in 143(1) and also in 154

cool boy (IT Engineer) (27 Points)

07 May 2017  

Hi, in January i got intimation 143 (1). My self assessment tax was not considered. While paying self assessment tax i had paid tax amount(Rs 6766) plus some interest amount(Rs 500), but while filing ITR i somehow gave detail of only tax paid (Rs 6766) along with BSR code and Serial number. So i thought this could be the reason that self assessment tax was not considered in 143 (1).

Hence i filed for a rectification and chose "Tax payer is correcting data for Tax credit mismatch only". In rectification i added total tax paid (Rs 6766+500 = 7266) under "IT Details" and submitted the rectification request. Now last week i got Intimation U/S 154 and still the self assessment tax is not considered. Other thing is that although in rectification i had given total tax paid (Rs 7266), it is still showing Rs 6766 under "As provided by tax payer" column of intimation 154. In simple words it seems like they have not used the rectified information provided and used the old one again.

What should be done now? Should i file for rectification again or can i use e-grievance. I have already checked that tax submitted is coming in  26AS also it is coming correctly when i check in "https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/QueryTaxpayerAjax"

Thanks in advance