Self assessment tax- interest, payment (11c/n11c) ??

Hi,

I have earned 66,000 as interest from investing with private firm and TDS on the has been deducted by that firm.

Now while filing return I see that clubbing this income/interest with salary income, I owe 7070 as outstanding tax (as some of the clubbed income falls in 30% bracket).

Out of my total tax liability I have paid more than 90%.

Will I have to pay penelty/interest on the remaining? I read somwhere I should not

If yes- How much?

If not- What should be the penelty code while paying additional amount through the bank? -  11C or N11C?

Also how to split 7070 in between tax and E Cess (is 6864+206=7070) correct?

AY is 2014-15. 

Thanks in advance

YP

Replies (3)
if tax of 7070 has been calculated by any software or through utility used for filing return then it will include the intt. payable on such tax. you just need to pay the amt. and file your return.... while paying tax online, it is not necessary to split amt. into tax and cess. you can fill whole amt. in income tax column and pay tax.
@ Tribhuvan: thanksfor the reply. I have used nityas spreadsheet but it dosenot consider late payments and interest in it. Yes it has cess included. Can you send me any templete/utility which can give me tax brekup for late payments. Also which option to use 11C or N11C?

How to apportion the interest component if the self assessment tax has been paid in installments?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details