Sec. 285BA-SFT

hi ecery body,
I have not filed SFT for one of my client.
when I tried to file now penalty coming to Rs. 1,00,000.
pls suggest me how to file with out penalty
Replies (3)
Clause 51 - Finance Bill 2018 - Suggests some change to Sec 271FA- It is proposed to amend the said section so as to increase the penalty from one hundred rupees to five hundred rupees and from five hundred rupees to one thousand rupees, for each day of continuing default. No waiver etc. is talked about ..
Any Penalty is chargable only when it has been INITIATED by AO. As far as return is concerned you can file the return without any Penalty. But it's AO discretion whether he levied the penalty later on or not.

And Section 119 Condonation can't be filed here because condonation is for IT Return while SFTRA return is different from that.
I have already file SFT for the FY 16-17 but I got a notice mentioning that I haven't filed any statement. How do I respond to that notice?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details