Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     23 July 2021

Scrap Sales

Type of Waste Applicability of TCS
Office Items (computer/printer/stationery/Furniture etc) it is not a scrap for applicability of TCS
Sale of machinery/part thereof it is not a scrap for applicability of TCS except sold by Factory. Selling of electronic items like TV/Penal/AC etc from Factory will also not attract TCS.
Sale of broken pipe/iron items it is not a scrap for applicability of TCS except sold by Factory.
Residual item out of manufacturing of Material TCS is collectable
Chemicals it is not a scrap for applicability of TCS
others it is not a scrap for applicability of TCS

Every Scrap sale not liable to Tax Collection at Source (TCS) (taxguru.in)

11 Replies

CA ADITYA SHARMA

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE )     06 July 2011

IF SALE IS OF RAW MATERIAL THAN WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM COST OTHERVISE TO BE SHOWN AS INCOME IN P AND L AC.

DAYANANDA K N

DAYANANDA K N (ACCOUNTS EXCECUTIVE)     06 July 2011

It should be shown under other incomes

Regards

Dayananda

praveen

praveen (Chartered Accountant)     06 July 2011

Depends on the materiality concept as well.

If it is more than 5% of the operating income you have to disclose it seperately in the schedules other wise merge with misc income.

valji

valji (Accounts manager-MBA)     06 July 2011

AGREE WITH MR PRAVIN DEPEND UPON MATERILITY IF AMT SHOWN HIGH THEN IT SHOWN AS SALE OF SCRAP OTHERWISE SHOWN AS MISC INCOME

(Guest)

If it is a scrap from sale of Raw Material Then show it under Trading A/c as Sale of Scrap

In other scraps better to show it under P/L a/c as Misc.income..

Bhavana

Bhavana (Chartered Accountant)     02 April 2019

Sir,

Could you please give me an Accounting Standard reference for the same ?

NAVEEN CHAND

NAVEEN CHAND (GST Practitioner)     02 April 2019

other income >> sale of scrap 

Ashutosh Jha

Ashutosh Jha (Accountant)     22 July 2021

WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME THAT WHAT IS THE TREATMENT OF SALE OF FINISHED GOODS SCRAP IN ACCOUNT AND IN GST / INCOME TAX  IN A TRADING COMPANY, 

PLEASE

Rama chary Rachakonda

Rama chary Rachakonda (Master in Accounts & Lawyer email ID:ramachary64@gmail.com voice no:9989324294)     22 July 2021

The term “Scrap” has not been defined in GST Laws. In GST regime, in order to be taxable, the waste and scrap does not have to pass the test of manufacture or mechanical process or marketability. It is admittedly as ‘supply’ in course of business.

While taxability of waste and scrap is no longer contentious, finding proper HSN (Harmonized System of Nomenclature) code is definitely a tedious task. The highest rate for scraps material is 18%. HSN code is a 6-digit code that categorizes 5000+ products. It is a uniform code which is accepted worldwide.

yasaswi gomes

Scrap/Waste are goods whether manufactured or obtained otherwise. In our opinion, no service tax would be applicable on sale of such scrap. However, if there is any involvement of services, say payment of commission for selling of scrap, then, there would be an implication of service tax, accordingly.

yasaswi gomes

The lower level dealers are not formalised and exempt from GST and the customers/ waste generators too don’t have a GST number so the large dealer has to not just pay higher tax rates on his own margin but also for the value he purchases the scrap at from all the links in the chain below.

Will India’s recycling sector collapse under the new GST regime? (downtoearth.org.in)

SOME ARE TAXABLE, SOME R NOT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags