Saving Tax under Sec 80C & Escaping Tax Audit

hi,


I am proprietor of a firm with an annual turnover/sales of Rs. 40 lacs. As per section 44 AD for AY 2011-12, I am not required to get my firm audited if I declare my net profit to be 8% or more. But the profit margins in my business are only around 6%. According to the law (as I get it), if I want to declare my profit as 6%, I need to get my file audited, which would cost atleast Rs. 5000 (audit fees). Is there any way out to escape from the tax audit and also save taxes.

 

On top of that, I have heard that proprietary firms which are not audited can't get benefit under Sec. 80C, i.e, even if I declare my profit to be 8% on Rs. 40 lacs, I'll have to pay IT on Rs. 3,20,00 - Excempetion of Rs. 1,60,000. I am not allowed to save upto Rs. 1 lacs under Section 80C. Is this true or am I going wrong somewhere .. !!

 

Thanks in advance

Replies (5)

If u do not opt for sec. 44AD then u have to get your accounts audited. There is no other way of escaping tax audit in case u dont opt for sec. 44AD. But u will definitly get benefit of deductions of sec. 80C or other deductions u/s 80. A proprietory and HUF gets benefit of section 80C while computing net total income.

Can I also claim benefits for rent payment under Sec 80GG

U can claim every deductions except from 80HH to 80 RRB

According to sec 44AD, only provisions contained in sec 28 to 43C shall not apply to 44AD. Hence you can claim deduction under 80C. If you have any unabsorbed business loss it can be set off against your income from business for the AY 11-12.

Not worry you can declared 6% profit and take lic of rs. 80000 then income will comedown below taxable limit.

Then you will not req to done tax audit.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details