Revised tax filing

Hello All,

I have filed my tax returns for the year 2011-12 on 8th august 2011 (i.e. after 31st July). I sent to CPC banglore (on 16th august)without signing the ITR-V form. They rejected the filing on 23rd August stating that signature not found. When I was about the send the signed form again, I found that my last name was incorrect. So, I revised my tax by correcting the last name, signed the ITR-V revised form and sent it to CPC banglore on 24th August itself. However, I didn't receive the accpetance of ITR-V form yet.

What I did is right? what could be reason for delay?

Thanks,

Uday

Replies (3)

Dear Udaya,

BELATED RETURN CAN NOT BE REVISED, IF REVISED ,IT WILL BE TREATED AS VOID AB INITIO

So, your revised return will be treated as void ab initio.

Secondaly, you have not sent your duly signed ITR V or Original return to CPC, Accetance of Revised Return is not sent until duly signed ITR V of original return is not received by CPC. So u wont get acceptance of your Revised Return

I advice you to send duly signed ITR-V of Original return to CPC banglore, if you didnt send duly signed ITR-V of Original return within 120 days of filing of return, it will be deemed that you have never file your return for the said assessment year.



Thanks & Regards

Nitin Garg

I don't think it will be a problem if your last name is incorrect. Send the signed copy of ITR -  V (original return) to CPC Bangalore.

Thanks Nitin & Mihir.! I will send the signed orginal ITV-R form.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details