Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Revised return filed wrongly

Pratheep (ITA) (24 Points)

08 March 2012  

Hi All,

Please help me. I have filed my income tax for (2010-2011) Online, I made a mistake in my income. when filed using pdf, i mistakenly added a 0 to the original income, where it lead to 56 lakh, now Income tax is asking me to pay 14 lakh of tax. I filed revised retun wherein i again made a mistake in the assessment year. Please tell me what should i do? They are asking me to pay the 14 lakh tax and get a refund. Please help me.

4 Replies

G.K.Pushparaj (Auditor) (74 Points)
Replied 08 March 2012

ask CPC to transfer to concerned juristiction assessing officer

CA. Harsh Arora (Chartered Accountant) (377 Points)
Replied 10 March 2012

Dear Pratheep, First of all dont panic.Since you had wrote that you had filed a revised return then i may assume that you had also filed your original return with in due date i.e u/s 139(1).And accordingly if you had filed your original return on time then you can revise a revise return also.

But if your gross total income is change then you will go for revise return otherwise go for online Rectification.

Thanks

satish kumar voleti (A.C.A., (ICWAI)) (1686 Points)
Replied 10 March 2012

You can revise a revised return provided the assessment is not completed.  It seems the assessment is not completed in your case, so you can file the revised return..

As your income is going to be effected, the assessing officer may go for assessment u/s 143(3).... so make sure that you have every evidence that your income is correct as per ur argument..

First of all file a revised return and write a letter to the CPC to transfer your case to the concerned ITO of your range... then met the concern ITO wiht all the evidence you have.

it will take time.. for all this....

so do not worry everything will be ok.....

good luck.......

Raman Aggarwal (Expert) (363 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

YOU HAVE TO RECTIFY YOUR RETUN U/S 154. TO CHEAK ALL THE PARTICULARS BEFORE FILING OF RECTIFICATION. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags