Revised return file

Hi,

 

Today, I filled my e-return using the website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. But by mistake, I have given wrong income while creating the xml. Now I created the new xmls with updated income, but while uploading the same in the site getting error "You have already filed your return, please choose 'Revised' option"

I checked for the revised option in the same website but couldn't get any option for same.

 

Please help on filling the revised e-return.

 

Thanks In Advance

Satish Gaba

Replies (3)
Originally posted by : Satish Gaba

Hi,
Today, I filled my e-return using the website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. But by mistake, I have given wrong income while creating the xml. Now I created the new xmls with updated income, but while uploading the same in the site getting error "You have already filed your return, please choose 'Revised' option"
I checked for the revised option in the same website but couldn't get any option for same.
Please help on filling the revised e-return.
Thanks In Advance
Satish Gaba

> Go to "Part A - General" Sheet
.
> Look for "Filing Status" Section below "Personal Information"
.
> Select "R-Revised" from drop down menu in "Whether original or revised return?"
.
> Then go the next row below revised status

.
> Fill the E-Filing Acknowledgement Number and Date of E-Filing of Original Return from ITR-V
.
> Generate XML and Upload again

agreed with Mr. Deepak gupta.

Go to "Part A - General" Sheet
.
> Look for "Filing Status" Section below "Personal Information"
.
> Select "16 - u/s 139(5)" at 'Cell AP 24' -  Return filed under Section from drop down menu

> Then go the next row

> Select "R-Revised" from drop down menu in "Whether original or revised return?"
.
> Then go the next row below revised status

.
> Fill the E-Filing Acknowledgement Number and Date of E-Filing of Original Return from ITR-V
.
> Generate XML and Upload again


You will get ITR-V for Revised Return. Send it with Signature at CPC, Bangalore

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details