Revised itr filing

As I had some issues with original filing. And rectification request also got rejected with "It was noticed that there is a change in gross total income in the rectification application filed by assessee. This is not a mistake apparent from record as per section 154 of Income Tax Act 1961,hence the rectification request is rejected. Assessee is requested to file Revised Return (instead of Rectification Application) through www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in ".

I am trying to file revised ITR-2; with type as 'R' (revised and not 'O'). I am getting following error while uploading the xml file "If your Return filed under section code is 139(1),139(4),142(2),148,153A then your return type should be Original(O). from AY2011-12 onwards. Please rectify the Above error(s) and upload your return again" 

Should I change return type to 'O' (original)? Also, if it's original, should I (or can I still have) original ack# and date?

Appreciate your comments.

 

Regards

Kiran

 

 

 

 

Replies (2)

You have to choose Option under 139(5) in return filed under. I.e it is not enough to merely change the type of return to revised.

try this and upload

 

You should not file Revised Return as advised by ITO.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details