Reversal of set off of Carry Forward of loss claimed possible?

In AY 22-23 I had LTCL of 40000 & filed ITR before due date. In AY 23-24 I have LTCG of 25000. I have filed my ITR u/s 139(1) before due date. In this return I have offsetted Loss of 25000, while Carry forwarding only 15000. Now I want to carry forward my loss of 40000 and pay tax on 25000 u/s 112A which would come to zero. Would this be possible if I file a Revised Return now?
Replies (1)

No. Not possible. Set off of b/f losses is mandatory.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details