Easy Office

Respect women

Page no : 2

CA CS Himanshu Khandelwal (SAP FICO Consultant) (705 Points)
Replied 08 January 2015

Hi Komal,

Nice write up.

But i have one concern. Please try to provide solution for the same.

Against whom we are proposing to fight Komal? IMO it seems to be a mentalility issue of sick men. How are we proposing to fight against such a thing?

1 Like

Komal Thakur (CA Final) (925 Points)
Replied 08 January 2015

We all need to stand up against this.. We all need to think about this.. Wearing salwar kameez will nt stop rapes.. Or saying yes to wrong will nt stop domestic violance... Their shud b strong law wich will asure tht tge wrong doer will b punished.. And thn thre will b no threat to th other persons's life after that.. Women who think that it will hamper their and thier husband' s reputation in the society if thy make it public or file a complaint against such acts.. Women shud b strong enuf mentally and physically to oppose this.. Thirdly men with such mentality shud b punished. If there will b fear in their mind tht if thy do such an act they will b punished.. They will nt do so.. And lastly i wud ask u to suggest some ways fr sure... Thanx!!

Replied 09 January 2015

Originally posted by : Komal Thakur
We all need to stand up against this.. We all need to think about this.. Wearing salwar kameez will nt stop rapes.. Or saying yes to wrong will nt stop domestic violance... Their shud b strong law wich will asure tht tge wrong doer will b punished.. And thn thre will b no threat to th other persons's life after that.. Women who think that it will hamper their and thier husband' s reputation in the society if thy make it public or file a complaint against such acts.. Women shud b strong enuf mentally and physically to oppose this.. Thirdly men with such mentality shud b punished. If there will b fear in their mind tht if thy do such an act they will b punished.. They will nt do so..
And lastly i wud ask u to suggest some ways fr sure... Thanx!!

Hi Komal,

I do agree that wrong doers should be punished. We need a strong and concrete judicial reforms.

This is again a mentality issue. I personally think we cannot do anything in that regard. What people thinks we cannot control that and even no judicial authority can control that. Though i have seen girls getting bold and fearless with respect to these matters but all this thing will develop gradually. Hoping that gradually doesnt take forever.

Komal as far as my knowledge about law is concerned, you cannot punish the person just beacuse of his mentality. There is a punishment for wrong doing but not for wrong thinking.

I am also like you trying to search for a proper solution but at the end it all drills down to judicial reforms.I dont know how we are going to heal the people's mentalilty on this issue but i am strongly of the opinion that judical reforms can reduce the cases of rapes,evesteasing,etc.

Let me know your ideas on the same.

Regards

Himanshu

Replied 09 January 2015

See If there will be a strong law for something ppl will fear to do the same.. like there is a fine for two whealer driving without helmet... so most of the ppl wear helmets to avoid paying fine.. but still there are many who till the time not fined once dnt wear helmets... its about their menatality that they think helmets are useless,,, still there is a punishment of not wearing the same... and once they pay fined for the same, they in order to avoid paying fine fr the next tym,, wear helmets... 

same is the case here.. if there will b strong law regarding the matters i raised here,,, ppl's  mentality will change accordingly... if there is no fear, how can the menatality change?? 

Hemant Pandit (articl assistant) (284 Points)
Replied 09 January 2015

See If there will be a strong law for something ppl will fear to do the same.. like there is a fine for two whealer driving without helmet... so most of the ppl wear helmets to avoid paying fine.. but still there are many who till the time not fined once dnt wear helmets... its about their menatality that they think helmets are useless,,, still there is a punishment of not wearing the same... and once they pay fined for the same, they in order to avoid paying fine fr the next tym,, wear helmets... 

same is the case here.. if there will b strong law regarding the matters i raised here,,, ppl's  mentality will change accordingly... if there is no fear, how can the menatality change?? 

aptly said

1 Like

CS,CA F,Numrologi TusharSampat (CS CA F Numerologist Astrologer Graphologist Face reader Vastu Expert)   (85930 Points)
Replied 09 January 2015

Rather then making strong law, the biggest chalenge is the enforcement of such strong law...unless like in other countries where governent as punishment  gives public death hanging like in saudi or like in china where the enforcement is very strong without any influence by any politician or such no matter you take action it will not be that effective.

Replied 09 January 2015

Originally posted by : M.com,CS,CAFinal Tushar Sampat
Rather then making strong law, the biggest chalenge is the enforcement of such strong law...unless like in other countries where governent as punishment  gives public death hanging like in saudi or like in china where the enforcement is very strong without any influence by any politician or such no matter you take action it will not be that effective.

yes exactly... till the time govt. doesnt take it seriously, all this will have no use... we will continue to hear suchh stories.. sad but true that no govt has done this till nw... :(

Replied 19 January 2015

Hi,

Are you telling that goverment should pass a law for restricting the mentality of the people?

AFAIK fine is for not wearing a helmet i.e not doing something which is legally required. ITS NOT ABOUT MENTALITY.

E.G If you travel by bus and you have a mentality that helmet is not required then government is not finning you for that mentality. Its when you actually not wear a helmet while driving a two wheeler then only govermrnt is finning you. Isnt it? THIS IS NOT A MENTALITY BASED PUNISHMENT.

There are laws and severe punishments for wrong doings(act and not mentality) against women like rape. But these kinds of laws are taken for granted and not enforced properly.

I do agree with Tushar sir that strict enforcement of such laws will atleast raise the level of fears in the mind of criminals.

I am of the opinion that mentality of the sick people can only be cured by doing counselling. But the main question is how we can identify that a person posses a sick mentality and he needed a counselling before something wrong happens?

Replied 19 January 2015

Yep... As killing a girl child is a mentality ... But wn a law was put in place it decreased... Dnt u think so??? N th same thing m saying here is make a law n enforce it properly...

Replied 19 January 2015

Yep... As killing a girl child is a mentality ... But wn a law was put in place it decreased... Dnt u think so??? N th same thing m saying here is make a law n enforce it properly...

Replied 20 January 2015

Killing a girl child is an act and not a thinking or mentalility and the government has made the laws against the same.

Similarly eveteasing, rape,etc are acts and government has already placed laws for the same.

All we need is strict enforement of the same.

But again, all these things are not a precautionary steps. We need some stringent steps before anything wrong happens and not the steps that we take after happening of wrong things. Dont you think so?

One of the precautionary steps that i came accross is a counselling.

Nevertheless we both want the same result of uplifting the status of women in Indian society.

Regards

Himanshu

harmeet singh (student) (26 Points)
Replied 26 January 2015

Superb article... Its not about the girl...wht she wear...at wht time she is coming..etc It is only about the mentality we have... If a girl is going or coming alone...so its not an opportunity to do anything...its our responsibility to make sure her that she is safe
1 Like

tarun (CA Final (Gr. 2 Passed) & CS Final)   (332 Points)
Replied 27 January 2015

Thanx ca devanand ji.. For understanding the fact...

Replied 27 January 2015

Very true @ mr. harmeet singh

Replied 27 January 2015

If men strt thinking this way... M Sure we girls will strt feeling safe... Our parents will nt b afraid about our security wn we go out... There will b no compulsions on wt to wear, wn to go , wt tym we shud b back, .. Swach bharat shud begin frm cleaning our own brainz...
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: