Report to outstanding demand

I paid the self assessment tax before filing ITR and entered the challan 280 details in ITR form (IT details). But I missed to click the refresh button in tax details tab of ITR form which resulted in total self assessment tax paid amount as 0. So, the total tax payable is not 0. I have submitted the ITR form with some amount in tax payable.


Now I got the outstanding demand notice from CPC. what should I do?
Replies (5)
Reply - disagree with demand
Same time file revised return under 139(5) immediately. (I hope it's for AY 2019-2020)
Thank you. Yes. it's for AY 2019-2020

When you reply as 'Disagree with demand' you will further prompted to provide other reasons. Among them select the option "Demand already paid and has challan.

There you can enter the challan details which you already paid.  

Apart from reply as suggested above , you require to file Revised return to claim Credit of SA tax.

CPC /AO doesn't consider on his own even though it is appearing in 26AS.
Nothing to do with demand notice because there won't be any coercive recovery proceedings in the immediate future. so file revised return so that your original return will become non-est and Demand or refund , if any will be determined in accordance with revised return details

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details