Regarding MFI

I have a Trust and I want to run a microfinance under this, can I run it. And later I want to register a NBFC MFI
What I can do for it.
Please suggest me.

Thanks.
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies that you can operate a microfinance institution under a trust without direct RBI registration, provided you adhere to RBI guidelines. However, to establish a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) MFI, a trust cannot directly register. Instead, the trust must be converted into a company registered under the Companies Act, such as a Section 8 company, before it can be considered for NBFC MFI status.

Yes, you can run a Micro finance institution under a trust. In this case you don't need to take any registration from RBI but you have to follow RBI guidelines.

and later on if you want to start a NBFC MFI, then trust are not allowed to start NBFCs. A NBFC should be a company registered under Companies Act. In that case you have to convert your Trust to section 8 company.
Thanku Sir

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details