Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Refund of tds on salary

CA Manikandan Raghunath ( ) (609 Points)

18 February 2013  

Hi guys.. 

Form 16 has been issued to an employee for AY 2011-12 showing a tds deduction. However his 26AS doesn't contain the credit of the same..

Now my question is, in such a situation, how is it possible for him to claim his refund by filing ITR??

 1 Replies

Dipjyoti Majumdar (CA in service & CS. dipmaj@ rediffmail.com )   (3414 Points)
Replied 18 February 2013

I would advise to file a manual return to Dept. in such a case in place of electronic return. You should intimate your AO with a copy of Form 16 and 26AS copied to the TDS AO of the company to show that you are unnecessarily harassed.

Meanwhile you should also follow up with your company or ex company to file the TDS return in Form 24Q or correct the unmatched entries therein.

Keep us posted please of any progess.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags