ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reduction in the period of articles for PCC students to 3 yr

(Guest)

As you all PCC students know, there has been no notification regarding the above said topic of reducing our articles period. Hence I have decided to e-mail the institute regarding this matter. I had sent a small email regarding this matter earlier for which I got very formal reply. But I think quantity will matter. Hence I request you all PCC (and others like IPCC,Final,CAs who agree with me) to send the email to the institute at following adresses:

enqarticleassistant @ icai.org

scravishankar @ icai.org (Ravishankar S C , Assistant Secretary ,Board of Studies)

sagar @ icai.org (V. Sagar, Joint Secretary, M&SS is Secretary to the said committee)

If you know email of any other person who are related to this topic in the institute, then kindly mention in this post.

(Note: We are not against the Institute or its decisions.We are just trying to put our point in front of them for better and quicker decision. So dont be afraid to send this email to Institue!! )

We can make a difference!!! Atleast give it a try!!

Also when you send a email to the institute, drop in a reply to this post so that we can measure no. of emails sent and response of PCC students (and also so that this remains popular discussion and remains on top for newbies to view!!)

04/01/10 -->Thanx to Parmita Mazumder for giving this email ids: (authencity not verified!!)

E mail IDs of the committee members who have to look into this matter:-

Harinderjit Singh <harinderjit.singh @ icai.org>,

Subodh Aggarwal <subodh.aggarwal @ icai.org>,

Krishna Kant Kumar <kris_c_a @ icai.org>

SC. Ravishankar <scravishankar @ icai.org>,

V Sagar sagar @ icai.org

now send emails at above addresses also!!

I have noted email ids posted here have spaces between them,remove spaces before u mail.

90 Replies

(Guest)

Below, I have written a model to be emailed to above email ids (So thats being mouthfed)::

Respected Sir,

Sub: Reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3 ½ years to 3 years

I had read a post on
www.icai.org regarding abovementioned subject. (https://icai.org/post.html?post_id=4691&c_id=219)

I want to throw some light on above issue which might be of some importance to your committee:
The students from courses prior to and after PCC Course, i.e., PE-II and IPCC Students have to serve 3 years of articleship training including 6 months of allowed leave. This means they have to serve a net articleship period of 2.5 years only.

On the other hand, students of PCC course have to serve 3.5 years of articleship training including 6 months of allowed leave. This means they have to serve a net articleship period of 3 years. This means that PCC students serve 6 months excess articleship training than the other courses.

To make matters more difficult for PCC students, they have to appear for 2 exams, i.e., PCC and CA Final while taking maximum 6 months leave (or serve remaining period after CA Final Exams). And that means average 3 months preparation leave for each exam (which seems highly improbable to clear either of the exams).
On the other hand, IPCC and PE-II students have to appear only CA-Final exams after taking 6 months leave.

This serves a double blow to PCC students who already have to cope up with Articlehip-PCC Exam-Articleship-CA Final Exam type of situation which is unlike the course format of other courses.

I hope your committee comes out with the decision to reduce the articleship period to three years as the articleship period of the earliest batches of PCC is nearing its end.

Expecting a positive reply from your side,

Regards,

The green text is to be mailed. Put the subject of this letter as subject of email.Also put your name at the end.

DONT BE AFRAID AND DONT PROCRASTINATE!!!!

1 Like

(Guest)

You can also mail this alternate letter (Note: i have tried mailing this letter through rediff,gmail. But only gmail supported tables, rediff didnt. so check out before mailing. Tables also look appealing to eyes!!)

Respected Sir,

Sub: Reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3 ½ years to 3 years

I had read a post on www.icai.org regarding abovementioned subject. (https://icai.org/post.html?post_id=4691&c_id=219)

I want to throw some light on above issue which might be of some importance to your committee:

Course

PCC

IPCC

PE-II

Period of articleship

3.5 years

3 years

3 years

Leave Allowed

7 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Net Articleship period

35 Months

30 Months

30 Months

Exams to Appear during Articleship

PCC, C.A Final

CA Final

CA Final

Average Leave per Exam

3.5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Note: - IPCC, PE-II Students have the privilege to study for IPCC/PE-II Exams with unrestricted leave.

This serves a double blow to PCC students who already have to cope up with Articlehip-PCC Exam-Articleship-CA Final Exam type of situation which is unlike the course format of other courses.

I hope your committee comes out with the decision to reduce the articleship period to three years as the articleship period of the earliest batches of PCC is nearing its end.

Expecting a positive reply from your side,

Regards,

The green text is to be mailed. Put the subject of this letter as subject of email.Also put your name at the end.

DONT BE AFRAID AND DONT PROCRASTINATE!!!!

1 Like

(Guest)

I will try to keep this post on top by posting regularly with help of my friends, but I need YOUR Support.

So keep posting, so that more mails are sent.!!

1 Like

Rahul Gupta (Article) (38 Points)
Replied 03 January 2010

Well I wouldnt know if what u r doin is right or wrong.But PE-2 students are suppose to span a longer time to become CA as they hav to wait to sit for PE-2 exms for an year atleast and then join articles.So actuallly its almost 6 months of salary wasted...And training forms essential part so dont frown.It will get over soon

2 Like

vivek (CA) (63 Points)
Replied 03 January 2010

Sure mate ... The only topic for which all PCC students are waiting right now ...!

Send e mails to hope for a  response from ICAI ...

(Guest)

@ rahul

Certainly training forms imposrtant part of CA....but this should not  be at the cost of Exams!!

PCC students generally get lesser time to study for both the exams(and the ideology of 'study while you are working' doesnt work her). as a result the no. of attempts increase unnecessarily (spellcheck!!). this may impact the career prospects whithout any reasons.

@ vivek

thanx yaar...tu hi sacha dost hai...keep posting.

1 Like

dream big live big (student) (190 Points)
Replied 03 January 2010

I have already sent mail.......u people are doing a good job......continue this

(Guest)
Originally posted by : dream big live big
I have already sent mail.......u people are doing a good job......continue this

You are talking about above letter or you have mailed earlier??

If earlier, what response u got from institute??

post here...

1 Like

dream big live big (student) (190 Points)
Replied 03 January 2010

I have mailed it previously even before the announcement of reduction came in to picture.......my mail has been part of the pressure put by the students to announce for the reduction in articleship......but now it has been delayed, for this what can be done, just to mail them again, which i did...

CA Sivaraman, A.R. (.) (916 Points)
Replied 03 January 2010

I also already mailed to institute their reply was

Dear Student

We have read your suggestion.

With best wishes

V. Sagar
Joint Secretary (MSS)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI BHAWAN
Indraprastha Marg.
New Delhi - 110 002  [India]
Tel. No.:  ++91-11-39893989 Extn.:  535
30110535 (D)

Replied 03 January 2010

The institute dont take decisions in favour of students. This is my experience.

They are keeping my money. but dont send the newsletter and CA journals in spite my frequent complaints. What should I do?  Should I take a beggar cloth and sit infront of the institute.?

However I am again sending a request to reduce tenure of arti

1 Like

Replied 03 January 2010

this institutes are a best parties. If you ask them to increase the tenure,Tommorrow you can find the announcement in the website. But a decison in favour of students. No No

1 Like

CA.kaya (Chartered accountant) (3985 Points)
Replied 03 January 2010

i have mailed to institute regrading articleship reduction. i got reply as

Dear Student,
The Institute constituted a Study Group for considering issues relating to permitting CPT students to appear in CA Final Exam during the last six months of their articles and reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3½ years to 3 years on 1st July, 2009. The Group’s recommendations and approval of the Council are awaited. Thereafter, if need be, the regulation might also require amendment for which approval of the Central Government would also be required.

Ravishankar S C
Assistant Secretary
Board of Studies
ICAI Bhawan,
Post Box No.36,
A-94/4, Sector-58, Noida- 201 301
Ph.No. 0120-3045930 (Direct)
PBX No.0120-3045900, Extn.930
E.Mail:
scravishankar @ icai.org
Fax No.0120-3045940

i mailed yesterday again to know the progress and reply was

Dear Student,
It will be a long drawn process and the student may be advised to prepare his studies / examination as per present set of Regulations.

Ravishankar S C
Assistant Secretary
Board of Studies
ICAI Bhawan,
Post Box No.36,
A-94/4, Sector-58, Noida- 201 301
Ph.No. 0120-3045930 (Direct)
PBX No.0120-3045900, Extn.930
E.Mail:

scravishankar @ icai.org

Fax No.0120-3045940

Replied 03 January 2010

I agree it is a long drawn process. Also long time is taken to process it. What does they mean 'long'?. Will any decision be taken by them before I DIE?

What I told you? Dont expect anything favour from the institute. They are masters and we are slaves. They will instruct and we have to obey it, if we want to complete CA.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags