Easy Office

Reduction in the period of articles for PCC students to 3 yr

Page no : 4

Gourav Kapoor (CA Final Student) (2977 Points)
Replied 04 January 2010

Originally posted by : Kaya
i have mailed to this person.SC. Ravishankar ,

did any one else got reply

hey dear ! 

plz mail to me the text that u hav quoted in mail. send that mail to my id at gourav.kapoor @ icai.org  

let me try too !

also sent me the email ids that u hav mailed !

waiting for ur mail ! 

(Guest)

THIS MAIL IS SENT TO ICAI BY /profile.asp?member_id=274984:

DEAR SIR,

AS U CAN SEE THAT THERE IS A VERY STRONG OPPOSITION FROM ALL OVER INDIA AGAINST THE OPEN INJUSTICE THAT ARTICLESHIP PERIOD FOR PCC STUDENTS IS 3.5 YEARS AND FOR IPCC STUDENTS IT IS 3 YEARS. NOW WE BOTH KNOW THAT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PCC AND IPCC.

YOU, THEREFORE, HEREBY REQUISTED TO AT LEAST THINK ON THIS ISSUE.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

(Guest)

INJUSTICE AND INEQALITY = EXPLOITATION =  SIN...................................PLZ. DONT MIND THIS TRUTH.

Abhishek (Student Final) (292 Points)
Replied 04 January 2010

send mails on the following mail id also :

1. Head Office : icaiho @ icai.org
2. Board of Studies : bosnoida @ icai.org
4. President : president @ icai.org
5. President's Secretary : ranga @ icai.org
6. Public Relation : prc @ icai.org
7. Secretary : secretary @ icai.org
9. Vice President : vicepresident @ icai.org
10. Institute's website : sitefeedback @ icai.org

1 Like

CA Abhinav (Chartered Accountant) (496 Points)
Replied 04 January 2010

There is also discrimination on part on subjects as well as accounts subject is bifurcated into two parts which makes it lot easier for IPCC student to clear the exam wherein PCC student has to do it in single paper.  I am not against the IPCC students but all students should be judged on the same level.

One more thing
why we pay for the migration to IPCC? ICAI made the error in designing the PCC course structure. Not us, tomorrow ICAI comes with another redesign course ask money to migrate. That’s really easy way to make money.

Thanks

Abhinav

1 Like

(Guest)

A MESSAGE IS SENT TO ALL THE IDs MENTIONED ABOVE................CHEERS.................

vivek (CA) (63 Points)
Replied 04 January 2010

Keep the e mails going ..

Our movement resembles Gandhigiri somewhat ...!!

1 Like

sag_rocket (business) (33 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

even i think its unfair for pcc students...why 3.5 instead of 3 yrs
1 Like

CA Pooja Jain (chartered accountant) (51 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

I have also mailed to the abovementioned mail-ids. The following is the reply:-

Dear Student,
The Institute constituted a Study Group for considering issues relating to permitting CPT students to appear in CA Final Exam during the last six months of their articles and reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3½ years to 3 years on 1st July, 2009. The Group’s recommendations and approval of the Council are awaited. Thereafter, if need be, the regulation might also require amendment for which approval of the Central Government would also be required.

This will be a long drawn process and the student may be advised to prepare his studies / examination as per present set of Regulations.

The present position of Final studnets who are PCC registered (including converted) & passed students can appear in the Final Examination only after completing 3 & 1/2 years of articleship.

Decision, if any, taken in this regard will be intimated to the student concerned.

Ravishankar S C
Assistant Secretary
Board of Studies
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan,
Post Box No.36,
A-94/4, Sector-58, Noida- 201 301
Ph.No. 0120-3045930 (Direct)
PBX No.0120-3045900, Extn.930
E.Mail:
scravishankar @ icai.org

Mrinal (Student) (30 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

Hey Chintan ...great initiative....I had mailed your letter to Mr. Sagar for which I received the following reply:

ear Student,

You are advised to continue your studies and preparation for examination as per present Regulations. 

With best wishes,

V. Sagar
I had also mailed the same letter to Shri Ravi Shankar for which I have received the following standard reply

Dear Student,

The Institute constituted a Study Group for considering issues relating to permitting CPT students to appear in CA Final Exam during the last six months of their articles and reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3½ years to 3 years on 1st July, 2009. The Group’s recommendations and approval of the Council are awaited. Thereafter, if need be, the regulation might also require amendment for which approval of the Central Government would also be required.

This will be a long drawn process and the student may be advised to prepare his studies / examination as per present set of Regulations.

The present position of Final studnets who are PCC registered (including converted) & passed students can appear in the Final Examination only after completing 3 & 1/2 years of articleship.

Decision, if any, taken in this regard will be intimated to the student concerned. 

Ravishankar S C

Assistant Secretary 

Board of Studies

ICAI Bhawan,

Post Box No.36,

E.Mail: scravishankar @ icai.org

Fax No.0120-3045940
and further I have also mailed it to the other new email adresses

HEM JOSHI (article cleark) (22 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

Ravi Shankar to me
show details 11:17 AM (0 minutes ago)

Dear Student,
The Institute constituted a Study Group for considering issues relating to permitting CPT students to appear in CA Final Exam during the last six months of their articles and reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3½ years to 3 years on 1st July, 2009. The Group’s recommendations and approval of the Council are awaited. Thereafter, if need be, the regulation might also require amendment for which approval of the Central Government would also be required.

The present position of Final studnets who are PCC registered (including converted) & passed students can appear in the Final Examination only after completing 3 & 1/2 years of articleship.

Decision, if any, taken in this regard will be intimated to the student concerned.

Ravishankar S C
Assistant Secretary
Board of Studies
ICAI Bhawan,
Post Box No.36,
E.Mail: scravishankar @ icai.org
Fax No.0120-3045940

----- Original Message -----

To: enqarticleassistant @ icai.org
Cc: scravishankar @ icai.org
- Show quoted text -
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:13 AM
Subject: Reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3 ½ years to 3 years

Respected Sir,

Sub: Reduction in the period of articles for PCC students from 3 ½ years to 3 years

I had read a post on www.icai.org regarding abovementioned subject. (https://icai.org/post.html?post_id=4691&c_id=219)

I want to throw some light on above issue which might be of some importance to your committee:
The students from courses prior to and after PCC Course, i.e., PE-II and IPCC Students have to serve 3 years of articleship training including 6 months of allowed leave. This means they have to serve a net articleship period of 2.5 years only.

On the other hand, students of PCC course have to serve 3.5 years of articleship training including 6 months of allowed leave. This means they have to serve a net articleship period of 3 years. This means that PCC students serve 6 months excess articleship training than the other courses.

To make matters more difficult for PCC students, they have to appear for 2 exams, i.e., PCC and CA Final while taking maximum 6 months leave (or serve remaining period after CA Final Exams). And that means average 3 months preparation leave for each exam (which seems highly improbable to clear either of the exams).
On the other hand, IPCC and PE-II students have to appear only CA-Final exams after taking 6 months leave.

This serves a double blow to PCC students who already have to cope up with Articlehip-PCC Exam-Articleship-CA Final Exam type of situation which is unlike the course format of other courses.

I hope your committee comes out with the decision to reduce the articleship period to three years as the articleship period of the earliest batches of PCC is nearing its end.

Expecting a positive reply from your side,

Regards,

Hem Chandra

(Guest)

@ all posters:

Thanx for your support!!!

Now I request all of you to keep posting outta here so that this remains the top post (i.e. on homepage of caclubindia) so that new members and new log-in members can easily find it !!

More awareness = more mails to institute!!

Also spread this post among your friends and colleagues as well !!

Cheers !! and keep mailing!!

1 Like

(Guest)

ALSO NOTE DOWN THE EMAIL IDS PROVIDED BY SOME OF THE MEMBERS IN THIS POST AND ALSO MAIL TO THOSE IDS AS WELL !! 

MEMBERS ARE ALSO REQUESTED TO TELL THE SOURCE FROM WHERE THEY HAVE OBTAINED THIS IDS SO THAT AUTHENCITY CAN BE VERIFIED!!

1 Like

CA RITESH ARORA (CA PRACTICE) (113 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

LET US ALL MAKE A PLEDGE TO SEND ATLEAST 10 MAILS DAILY TO THEM.DONT SURRENDER THEY WILL HAVE TO GIVE IN TO OUR GENUINE DEMANDS

1 Like

Kavan Pathak (Article) (29 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

Good one job....

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: