Rectification with itr form change

I have filled return in Itr3 under 44 AB with turnover over 1 cr and net profit more than 9 percent but audit not done and I also having income from sell of mutual fund that is short term capital gain . now I received notice under section 139(9) to do audit and file return again.
what should I do?
can I rectify return and revise under 44 AD
PLZ SUGGEST
Replies (1)
You may file revised return ITR3 and show business income under 44AD . If it goes through, you are lucky .

However as per tax provisions, you are required to opt 44AD at the time of filing original return.

You must have, I suppose, selected 44AB in ITR.

File revised return keeping in mind above. Discuss with your tax consultant about this in detail. File before date as per Notice.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details