Easy Office
LCI Learning

Rectification about relief u/s 89(1)

Page no : 2

CA VISHAL BHATIA (CA) (50 Points)
Replied 03 December 2015

RESPECTED EXPERTS,

ONE OF MY CLIENT HAS RECEIVED ARRERS FROM A.Y.2009-10 TO A.Y.2012-13. BUT HE HAS ONLY FILED RETURNS OF A.Y.2012-13 AND NO OTHER RETURNS. CAN I CLAIM RELIEF U/S 89(1) IN RESPECT OF ALL THE YEARS??

CA VISHAL BHATIA (CA) (50 Points)
Replied 03 December 2015

RESPECTED EXPERTS,

ONE OF MY CLIENT HAS RECEIVED ARRERS FROM A.Y.2009-10 TO A.Y.2014-15. BUT HE HAS ONLY FILED RETURNS OF A.Y.2013-14 AND A.Y.2014-15 AND NO OTHER RETURNS. CAN I CLAIM RELIEF U/S 89(1) IN RESPECT OF ALL THE YEARS OR SHOULD I CLAIM RELIEF IN RESPECT OF A.Y.13-14 AND 14-15 ONLY??

O P (27 Points)
Replied 10 December 2015

Sir, I filed form 10e online now after receiving intimation u/s143 of demand as relief not considered u/s 89(1). Now how i file rectification after submitting form 10e online. Please explain in detail Sir.

Vipin Jaiswal (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (81 Points)
Replied 10 December 2015

Can a Form 10E submitted Originally be revised ?

O P (27 Points)
Replied 13 December 2015

Sir, I filed ITR-1 online with relief u/s 89(1) but did not fill form 10e online. Till now this  ITR was reached at CPC but not processed at CPC. Now what i have to do ? wait for processing and demand u/s 143(1) OR file revise ITR with form 10e.

radha chhetri (Student CA IPC / IPCC) (26 Points)
Replied 26 April 2016

I also have the same problem. I have uploaded Form 10E and also filed the rectification return but CPC have transferred the case to ACIT. I have met the ITO but he himself is confused and told that If some other Income tax office will release such refund then he will process the refund cases. Please guide me in this issue.

My client have told me that some of his collegues have received the refund filed by some advocate.

satyendra (Asstt. Professor) (23 Points)
Replied 26 April 2016

in my case as in the letter i recieved from cpc banglore it was suggested me to meet my JAO to settle down the issue. but my JAO is in another state as i have been transferred to new place. first i mailed to my JAO but could not get any reply. than i sent a person to meet JAO keeping with him a hard copy of the letter recieved from cpc. JAO told him that the issue has been resolved and it can be checked by logging in the income tax website. now i logged in and checked the website but nothing has been changed in the website. so now unable to understand if JAO is saying that the matter has been resolved than why it has not changed in the website.

sithanathan (Income Tax Practitioner)   (29 Points)
Replied 07 June 2016

I have claimed refund for somay ONGC clients. While uploading the original return with arrear workings , you have to upload online Form-10E also . Otherwise your refund will be "0". Even you got a '0" refund no problem file rectification return along with Form-10E online you will get the refund. If you have filed original return without claiming refund and now you claim refund by filing rectification, then CPC wont process the case and transfer to AST. Now you can file the rectification request mannualy with concerned asssessing officer.

Replied 07 June 2016

Now you can file Form-10E immediately , you will get the refund

Replied 07 June 2016

Yes, i have the same problem. When the original return is filed without claiming refund and then claimed refund by filing rectification return , then CPC will not process the case and trasnferred to AST. So the concerned assessing officers are in confuse in accept the manual rectification request and process case.

SAMRAT DEY (I.T.P.) (32 Points)
Replied 07 June 2016

If relief u/s 89(1) is claimed one should upload Form-10E seperately before upload the return. If return was uploaded without uploading Form-10E CPC might has not considered the claim at the time of processing. In this circumstance one should now upload Form-10E of that year for which claim was not considered and after successful upload of 10E now upload the rectification u/s 154.

SOWMYA SHEEPRI (STUDENT) (24 Points)
Replied 06 August 2016

Can a Form 10E submitted Originally be revised ?

sakshi (student) (26 Points)
Replied 03 September 2016

I had filed ITR 1 claiming 89(1)  but not filed 10 E. After knowing this mistake i had filed form 10E and revised return. Now I received income tax notice stating demand in that. What to do? Plz reply soon.

CH.MARUTHI RAM (TAX CONSULTANT) (69 Points)
Replied 28 February 2017

RESPECTED EXPERTS,

PLEASE HELP ME THAT HOW TO REVISE THE FORM 10E IN THE INCOMETAX PORTAL -  THANKING YOU SIR

Gyanvendra Jaiman (12 Points)
Replied 18 February 2019

Sir I fill itr for a.y. 2018-19 and fill form 10e but I forgot to claim relief amount in itr form. Cpc processed and issue refund but I want to take full refund including 89(1) relief now what can I do rectification request aur revise the return if I have some change in my itr data

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: