Recover tax paid on retention bonus after quitting the company

Hi

I was paid a retention bonus from my company in April, 2018 and I left the company in July where I had to return the bonus amount. Now on receipt of that bonus amount, I had paid tax. When returning that amount, I had to return that amount in full, so basically I have paid some excess tax so far. What documents do I need to procure from the company to claim that refund in my ITR for next year?

Thanks

Replies (1)

Hi, i am in similar situation. In your case did the company update form 16 and showed reduced income ? Please advice.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details