RCM-IGST AND CGST AND SGST

under which condition IGST applicable under RCM. OCEAN FREIGHT WILL BE Liable under IGST?
Replies (10)
For what in case of service or in case of goods, please clear than I suggest
For what in case of service or in case of goods, please clear than I suggest
For what in case of service or in case of goods, please clear than I suggest
IGST, CGST AND SGST depending on Place of supply, please refer place of supply under GST,
I think Igst is not applicable , Because RCM is applicable only on Intra state supply " It is pertinent to note here that the provisions of Reverse Charge under Section 9(4) are applicable only for supplies within the same state. The provisions of Reverse Charge under this Section are not applicable to Inter-state supplies as inter-state supplies cannot be made by unregistered suppliers."
This in in case of goods not in case of service, Ocean freight is service not goods
Ok, In simple words We will charge Igst only on services and goods specified under sec. 9(3)
Section 9(3),says, service or goods purchase from registered dealer but tax liability on service /goods recipient, not say about Which tax liability, place of supply defined the which tax liability. Please refer section 12,of IGST and section 10 under IGST

I PURCHASE THE GOODS FROM LUDHIANA AND TAKE THE GOODS BY REGISTERED TRASPORT CO. TO WEST BENGAL.

SHOULD I PAY IGST ON RCM BASIS TO GOVERNMENT ON FREIGHT.

RAMESH BAJAJ

Originally posted by : Ramesh Bajaj
I PURCHASE THE GOODS FROM LUDHIANA AND TAKE THE GOODS BY REGISTERED TRASPORT CO. TO WEST BENGAL.

SHOULD I PAY IGST ON RCM BASIS TO GOVERNMENT ON FREIGHT.

RAMESH BAJAJ

If the transporter is located in the same state in which you are located then CGST & SGST is applicable.

If the transporter is located in another state then IGST is applicable.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details