Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Successors

A.S.Ram Prasad (CA) (51 Points)

02 March 2011  

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is an Indian Chartered Accountant by qualification but an investor / trader by profession. In 2010, Forbes rated him India's 51st and the world's #1062 richest man with wealth of $1.0 billion.[1] He is a famous equity investor in India and manages his own portfolio as a partner in his asset management firm, Rare Enterprises. Jhunjhunwala was described in a magazine as the "pin-up boy of the current bull run" and by another as "Pied Piper of Indian bourses". He is tagged by the media as "India's Warren Buffett".

Hi,

You will find the above paragraph in Wikipedia as a starting paragraph regarding Rakesh. The first line really inspires me...and i keep opeining that article.

Yes...Yes...why not an another CA repeat what he has done.The wealth he created and the inspirations he has been giving..

An interview of him or an article about him are gems in the securities markets.

My Question is are we the FCA(Future Chartered Accountants) have opportunities like that to dream big and whether our course gives you that outlook.

The so called Three years of worthy articleship is rigid and keeps u in the limit scope of auditing,taxations,internal audits...

Why dont institute give an opportunity to those who want to design their career in the investment analysis or equity research side...

Creating and Managing wealth is the topmost jobs i understand and FCAs like us should learn about it as a part of our apprenticeship...

So its high time for institute for opening up articleship scope and increase interest regarding it among CA aspirants