Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Quorum of Board Meeting

ASHUTOSH Rai   05 December 2018

ASHUTOSH Rai

1 likes  13 points

| My Other Post

Q. A Ltd has total 11 Director in a particular business, 7 director are interested .
In the board meeting, 8 directors are present out of whom 5 directors are interested in the items of business. is there quorum available? and why

avater

Shrikant (Associate)     05 December 2018

Shrikant
Associate 
 19 likes  350 points

View Profile | My Other Post

what do you mean by 7 directors are interested in board meeting???

avater

Jalpa Bhatt ( )     05 December 2018

Jalpa Bhatt

3 likes  65 points

The quorum is the minimum number of directors required to validate the board meeting.

According to section 174 of the Companies Act,2013 the quorum for meeting shall be one third of its total strength or two directors , whichever is higher, and participation of directors by video conferencing or other audio visual means shall also be counted for the purpose of quorum.Thus in your case quorum is present in the meeting as it exceeding one third of its total strength.

Where a meeting of the board could not be held for want of quorum,then meeting shall automatically stand adjourned to the same day to the same time in the next week.

avater

Shrikant (Associate)     05 December 2018

Shrikant
Associate 
 19 likes  350 points

Nice answer Ms. Jalpa Bhatt. But it seems the query is all about voting by the directors and quorum requirements for directors who are interested into the particular business to be transacted at the meeting. 

avater

Jalpa Bhatt

3 likes  65 points

Right Sir, but when number of interested directors are exceedind or equal to two third of the strength, the directors who are not interested and present at the meeting,being not less than two,shall be the quorum during such time.

avater

Jalpa Bhatt

3 likes  65 points

Right Sir, but when number of interested directors are exceedind or equal to two third of the strength, the directors who are not interested and present at the meeting,being not less than two,shall be the quorum during such time.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x