It seems there are different versions to the below query. I would request to the person responding to reply with full responsibility . Thank you
- " Is tax exempted on post office savings bank account ( Single holder) upto ₹ 3500/- in a financial year still available to tax payers or the same has been abolished."
- Hence the post office interest upto ₹ 3500/- needs to be shown under exempted income in ITR & the same shouldn't be added to other iinterest income from banks
- Moreover 80 TTA (₹ 10000 ) can be availed over & above this exemption 0f ₹ 3500.
- Any amount of post office sb account interest above ₹ 3500 would be subjected to tax and need to be added to interest from SB account.
- Please correct me if I'm wrong.